The 7760CCM-HD Closed Caption module is a CEA-608 to CEA-708 closed caption translator, decoder and analyzer that extends the signal monitoring capabilities of the Evertz® monitoring product line by focusing on closed captions and extended data services (XDS).
The 7760CCM-HD has the capability to translate CEA-608 closed captions to CEA-708 closed captions, providing a flexible and cost-effective solution for both caption domains. The module supports the ability to format closed caption data into SMPTE 333M or Grand Alliance format for RS-232 closed caption transfer.
The auto-detecting program input supports both high and standard definition video formats, and comes equipped with a bypass relay, which will maintain the program path in the event of a power failure.
The 7760CCM-HD provides both a CEA-608 and CEA-708 closed caption decoder. The 7760CCM-HD also provides a detailed and comprehensive status display to the current state of the closed caption data. This status display can inform operators quickly if an error was detected.
The 7760CCM-HD occupies one card slot and can be housed in the 1RU 7801FR frame which holds up to four single or two dual slot modules, the 3RU 7800FR frame which has a 15 slot capacity, the portable 3RU 350FR frame which has a 7 slot capacity, or a standalone enclosure which holds a single module.
More info – Application: Closed Captioning Quality and Compliance (1.9MB)
- CEA-608 to CEA-708 closed caption translator
- Support for SMPTE ST 333-1 and Grand Alliance Protocol for convenient interface to ATSC Encoders
- Built in bypass relay on program video output path
- Auto-detecting SMPTE ST 259-1-C and SMPTE ST 292-1 program video input
- Monitoring output decodes and displays CEA-608 or CEA-708 closed captions
- XDS packet insertion onto the program video output
- Broadcast flag insertion
- Decodes XDS packets containing TSID, CGMS-A, Program ID, Time in Show, Program Name, Program Type, V-Chip Rating, Program Description, Network Name, Station ID, Time of Day and Time of Zone
- Closed caption line shift (up and/or down) via GPI trigger for SD line 21
- User configurable presets
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via SNMP; using VistaLINK® PRO, CP-2116E or CP-2232E Control Panels. VistaLINK® is available when modules are used with the 3RU 7800FR frame and a 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller module in slot 1 of the frame