The SCORPION-4 Media Processing Platform is a stand alone, compact form factor, multi-service signal conversion, aggregation gateway capable of simultaneously transporting video, audio and data services over 1GbE/10GbE and 25GbE Ethernet WAN networks. Using SCORPION I/O Mini Modules, the SCORPION-4 is highly flexible and can accommodate a multitude of signals including 12G single-link SDI, ethernet, MADI, AES, HDMI, intercom and serial data. The SCORPION-4 features encapsulation and de-encapsulation to IP over dual 10GbE or 25GbE trunk ports.
When combined with other compatible IP gateways including the 1RU SCORPION-X18, the SCORPION-4 becomes part of an integrated, scaleable transport network with point-to-point, ring and hub-and-spoke configurations enabling the sharing of content from different sites using different transport media.
The SCORPION-4 possesses a small fanless form factor, and is designed to be operated in portable and/or low noise environments. The SCORPION-4 is ideal for mobile and live sports production applications.
- High density and fully modular in a standalone form factor
- All in one platform to handle video, audio, data transport needs
- IP Encapsulation/De-encapsulation supporting SMPTE ST 2022-6 and SMPTE ST 2110
- 1GbE/10GbE/25GbE WAN IP Network Support
- Up to 4x SCORPION I/O Mini Modules can fit into the standalone frame
- Up to 4x SFP Ports for Ethernet WAN IP Connectivity
- Supports MSA SFP transceivers
- Diverse signal Types such as 12G/6G/3G/HD/ASI, Ethernet, Serial Data, Intercom, HDMI, USB and Intercom
- Main and Redundant Power Supplies
- Onboard signal integrity and link analysis
- Multiple control options including SNMP, Web Access, Panels and MAGNUM
- Fanless operation with integrated heatsink for power dissipation