The 7721DE4-HD is designed to provide a flexible solution for inserting AFD, GPI triggering information and/or serial RS-232/RS-422 data streams into HD/SD-SDI signals. It plays an important part in SCTE104 DPI message applications. When equipped with the +SCTE104 option, up to six different SCTE104 messages may be configured and individually inserted by automation systems triggering the corresponding GPI. Messages may also be inserted using SNMP SET commands. The 7721DE4-HD is ideal for SCTE104 message insertion at the point of emission from the broadcaster for local ad insertion by affiliates and re-broadcasters, or for re-insertion of SCTE104 messages that have been stripped out in the equipment chain and are required for OTT applications. This device can:
- Smartly insert AFD Flags as per SMPTE ST 2016 triggered via SNMP or GPI
- Inserts GPI trigger data into unused audio channels as per SMPTE ST 337
- Inserts GPI trigger data into user bits of VITC or RP188 Timecode (+GPI option)
- Inserts SCTE104 DPI messages as per SMPTE ST 2010 (+SCTE104 option)
- Inserts up to four serial RS-232/422 data streams into VANC (+VANC option)
- Inserts up to four serial RS-232/422 data streams into unused audio channels
This device is the complement processing module to the widely used 7721DD4-HD module which can be used for de-embedding serial, GPI and SCTE104 messages.
The 7721DE4-HD is VistaLINK® capable, offering remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) giving the flexibility to manage operations, including signal monitoring and module configuration from SNMP capable control systems (Manager or NMS).
The 7721DE4-HD occupies 1 card slot and can be housed in the 3RU 7800FR frame which has a 15 slot capacity, or the portable 3RU 350FR frame which has a 7 slot capacity. This device requires the 7800FC or 7801FC Frame Controller for configuration.
- HD/SD-SDI input and two HD/SD-SDI outputs
- Bypass relay protected input
- Automatic smart AFD insertion via SNMP or GPI
- GPI and Serial RS-232/422 data insertion into AES audio channels
- SCTE 104 digital program insertion messaging
- Insertion of serial RS-232/RS-422 data into vertical ancillary space (VANC)
- High density approach offers 14 modules within 3RU
- VistaLINK® Monitoring and Control