The 7721AE4-HD Audio Embedder inserts AES audio signals into a 1.5Gb/s HD video signal as specified in SMPTE ST 299-1. The companion 7721AD4-HD Audio Deembedder facilitates audio demultiplexing at the destination.
SMPTE ST 299-1 allocates four groups of four audio channels that can be embedded into the SMPTE ST 292-1 bitstream. The 7721AE4-HD embeds up to 4 AES audio pairs into two groups on the HD-SDI outputs for discrete 5.1 audio applications. The 7721AE4-HD is Dolby E® compliant when the sample rate converters are turned off.
VistaLINK® enables control and configuration capabilities via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). This offers the flexibility to manage the module status monitoring and configuration from SNMP enabled control systems such as Evertz VistaLINK® PRO locally or remotely (not yet implemented).
- Automatic detection of video standard
- Bypass relay protection on one SDI output for power failures
- 24-bit AES input and audio embedding
- Individual audio group assignment for each group
- Group lock mode maintains phase relationship between the groups for 5.1 audio applications
- Sample rate conversion disable on AES inputs to permit Dolby E® embedding
- Programmable audio delays (up to seven frames in ½ video field resolution) using DIP switches or (up to 1365.313 ms in one sample increments) via VistaLINK®
- Ancillary packet cleaning mode removes all audio before embedding
- Ancillary packet reformatting mode left justifies and removes unused packets before embedding
- Embeds audio on internally generated black or blue video when there is no video input
- Card edge LEDs indicate video and audio signal presence, and module fault
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via SNMP; using VistaLINK® PRO, CP-2116E or CP-2232E Control Panels. VistaLINK® is available when modules are used with the 3RU 7800FR frame and a 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller module in slot 1 of the frame