The 7847FSE Frame Synchronizers are designed to re-time a SMPTE ST 424 (3GB/s), SMPTE ST 292-1 (1080i/60, 1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 1080p/24sF, 1080p/23.98sF, 720p/60, 720p/59.94, or 480p/59.94) or SMPTE ST 259-1 (625i/50, 525i/59.94) input to a local reference tri-level or composite sync signal. When necessary, frames are repeated or dropped to maintain synchronization.
The 7847FSE supports synchronization of both the video and any embedded audio present including the preservation of all VANC data. When the input video is lost, this module will pass the input content, freeze the last good frame or generate black video.
The frame synchronizers also have the ability to set the audio delay independently from the video delay and have the ability to adjust video parameters such as brightness, contrast, saturation and hue control. The adjustment of audio parameters such as gain, mixing stereo pairs into monaural and reassignment of audio channels is fully supported on up to 16 channels of embedded audio. AFD insertion is supported via SNMP or GPI.
IntelliGain™ Audio and Loudness Processor
- Consistent audio loudness levels within a channel and/or program
- Automatic detection and level adjust for loud commercials
- Gain control within a program interval to preserve audio dynamic range
- Artifact-free transitions between program and commercials
- Elimination of drastic volume changes during commercials and interstitials
The 7847FSE is VistaLINK® capable, offering remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) giving the flexibility to manage operations, including signal monitoring and module configuration from SNMP capable control systems (Manager or NMS).
- Synchronizes 3GB/s, HD-SDI or SD-SDI video signals with embedded audio
- Supports additional frames of video and audio delay
- Program Video output bypass relay protected on power loss
- Programmable output phase with respect to reference input
- Freeze on last good frame, or go to black on loss of video or pass input
- Synchronizes four groups of embedded audio
- Adjustable brightness, contrast, saturation
- AFD insertion via SNMP or GPI
- Smart 2x1 protection switch with soft 2x1 option
- Full audio processor including channel shuffling, gain and phase inversion
- Protection switching to backup input
- Card edge status LEDs
- Optional upmixing, downmixing and loudness control
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via SNMP; using VistaLINK® PRO, CP-2116E or CP-2232E Control Panels. VistaLINK® is available when modules are used with the 3RU 7800FR frame and a 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller module in slot 1 of the frame