The 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller card provides a single point of access to communicate with VistaLINK®-capable modules. The 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller provides a 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-TX Ethernet port and communication is facilitated using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
The 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller handles all SNMP communications between the frame (7800FR) and the network manager (NMS), and serves as a gateway to individual cards in the frame. The 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller also provides an RS-232 serial port interface for customer configurations.
- Complies with IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 1000BASE-TX Ethernet standards
- 1000MB/s Gigabit Ethernet, 100MB/s Fast Ethernet or 10MB/s Ethernet data transfer, selected by auto negotiation
- Full-duplex or half-duplex operation, selected by auto-negotiation
- RJ-45 connector for network cable connection
- RS-232 serial control port for configuration
- Card edge LEDs indicate module fault, microprocessor state, activity and link status
- Rear panel LEDs indicate Ethernet link, activity and speed
- Supports "ftp" upgrades for frame-wide firmware upgrades (product specific)
- Includes VistaLINK® PRO (VLPRO-C) module software configuration tool
- Provides frame/chassis status information through VistaLINK® including power supply status, frame status, card insertion/removal counters, 7800FC software version number and LED control
- Provides an onboard web interface to directly control supported modules