The 7847FS-EAES8 series Frame Synchronizers are designed to re-time a SMPTE ST 424 (3GB/s), ST 292-1 (1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 720p/60, 720p/59.94) or SMPTE ST 259-1(625i/50, 525i/59.94) input to a local reference tri-level or composite sync signal. When necessary, frames are repeated or dropped to maintain synchronization. The 7847FS-EAES8 supports synchronization of both the video and any embedded audio present including the preservation of all VANC data. When the input video is lost, this module will freeze the last good frame or generate black video.
On the 7847FS-EAES8, the user can choose to have eight stereo pairs from four groups in the upstream embedded audio and from the eight AES inputs embedded on the output video and output as AES. The module can also pass all VANC data after switching line. When the input video is lost, it will pass the input AES or mute if embedded audio is selected for synchronizing.
The frame synchronizers also have the ability to set the audio delay independently from the video delay and have the ability to adjust many video parameters such as brightness, contrast, saturation and hue control. The adjustment of audio parameters such as gain, mixing stereo pairs into monaural and reassignment of audio channels is fully supported on up to 16 channels of embedded audio.
The +SCTE104IP option allows for advanced SCTE104 DPI message processing. The module can author various SCTE104 messages and trigger them based on GPI's or SNMP commands. It also supports the industry standard SCTE104 API for connection to automation systems over IP. This provides an extremely flexible means of injecting dynamic SCTE104 messages as they are generated by an automation system. The 7847FS-EAES8 is ideal for SCTE104 message insertion at the point of emission from the broadcaster for local ad insertion by affiliates and re-broadcasters, or for re-insertion of SCTE104 messages that have been stripped out in the equipment chain and are required for OTT applications. The module can also operate at the opposite end of the SCTE104 message chain and act as a simple splicer for ad insertion. It will accept two inputs, one for program and one for ad content which can be clean-switched based on incoming SCTE104 splice request commands.
IntelliGain™ Audio and Loudness Processor
- Consistent audio loudness levels within a channel and/or program
- Automatic detection and level adjust for loud commercials
- Gain control within a program interval to preserve audio dynamic range
- Artifact-free transitions between program and commercials
- Elimination of drastic volume changes during commercials and interstitials
The 7847FS-EAES8 is VistaLINK® enabled, offering remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) giving the flexibility to manage operations, including signal monitoring and module configuration from SNMP capable control systems (Manager or NMS).
- Synchronizes 3GB/s, HD-SDI or SD-SDI video signals with embedded audio
- Supports additional frames of video and audio delay
- Program Video output bypass relay protected on power loss
- Programmable output phase with respect to reference input
- Freeze on last good frame, or field, or go to black on loss of video
- Video Proc adjustable brightness, contrast, saturation and more
- +SCTE104IP allows for advanced SCTE104 control and processing
- Audio Sample Rate Converters can be disabled, or set to automatically detect non-PCM data (i.e. Dolby-E®) and disable on a per-input basis
- Independently adjustable audio levels and inversion on all channels
- Ability to combine any two inputs to any output (including mono-aural downmixes of all input stereo pairs)
- Provides 2:1 audio mixing capability, ideal for "ducking" audio or voice-overs
- Can be used at the inputs of an audio console to expand inputs and add mixing capacity
- Performs voice overs, mix downs and on-air breakaways
- Reassignment of audio channels
- Synchronizes eight external AES signals
- Synchronized audio is output as eight AES signals
- Audio breakout mode allows for de-embedded audio to be routed directly to AES outputs, ideal for use to feed discrete audio processors
- Optional Loudness Control
- Card edge status LEDs
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via SNMP; using VistaLINK® PRO, CP-2116E or CP-2232E Control Panels. VistaLINK® is available when modules are used with the 3RU 7800FR frame and a 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller module in slot 1 of the frame