The model 7825CCE-3G 3G/HD/SD-SDI DTV Closed Caption Encoder expands on the professional line of closed captioning solutions by Evertz. The 7825CCE-3G supports dual and simultaneous CC encoding paths supporting 3G/HD/SD-SDI video signals. This unit has native support for numerous captioning interfaces, such as captioning over dial-up phone line, captioning over IP, captioning over serial RS-232/422 and caption bridging from one input to the other. Applications such as "translating" captions from CEA-608 line 21 to CEA-708 VANC captions or "transcoding" CEA-708 captions to CEA-608 line 21 captions are natively supported.
The 7825CCE-3G supports many advanced applications such as, Dolby Metadata encoding, broadcast flag insertion, port echo capability for daisy chaining multiple units together and on-screen display for real time decode of the encoded closed captions.
The 7825CCE-3G is VistaLINK® -capable, which allows for control and configuration via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). This offers the flexibility to manage the module status monitoring and configuration from SNMP enabled control systems such as Evertz VistaLINK® Pro locally or remotely.
The 7825CCE-3G occupies two card slots and can be housed in the 1RU 7801FR frame which holds up to four single or two dual slot modules, the 3RU 7800FR frame which has a 15 slot capacity, the portable 3RU 350FR frame which has a 7 slot capacity, or a standalone enclosure which holds a single module. The 7800FC frame controller is required for configuration.
More info – Application: Closed Captioning Quality and Compliance (1.9MB)
- Simultaneous encoding of new CEA-608 and CEA-708 captions onto 3G/HD/SD-SDI video
- Supports caption encoding on dual video paths to simultaneously apply the same captions to two video sources (e.g. applying captions to SD and HD signals simultaneously)
- Dolby Metadata encode via serial port ingest
- Port Echo capability for closed caption encoder "daisy chain" set-up
- CEA-608 Line 21 VBI bridge functionability
- CEA-708 Advance caption bridge functionability
- Support for SMPTE ST 334, SMPTE ST 333 & grand alliance transfer formats for 3G/HD/SD-SDI video
- Support for Line 21 CEA-608 captions on SD-SDI video
- Support for CEA-708 VANC captions onto 3G/HD-SDI video
- Supports captioning over IP
- Broadcast flag insertion
- RS-232/422 serial, telephone modem, Ethernet TCP/IP and parallel GPI communication interface
- Built-in CEA-708 (HD-SDI) and CEA-608 (SD-SDI) closed caption decoder
- Closed caption shifting for both SD and HD captions
- Encoding of Extended Data Service Packets into field 2 of the SD-SDI signal including Transmission Signal Identifier (TSID), Copy Generation Management System (CGMS-A) and V-Chip
- AFD Flag Insertion
- Save or insert captions directly to or from a file (CEA-608, Procap, CDP) stored on a local Compact Flash card (with the +CF option)