The 7720AE4 Audio Embedder inserts AES audio signals into a 270Mb/s SDI video signal as specified in SMPTE ST 272. The companion 7720AD4 Audio Deembedder facilitates audio demultiplexing at the destination.
SMPTE ST 272 allocates four groups of four audio channels that can be embedded into the SMPTE ST 259 bitstream. The 7720AE4 embeds up to 4 AES audio signals into two groups on the SDI outputs for discrete 5.1 audio applications. The 7720AE4 is Dolby E compliant when the sample rate converters are turned off.
VistaLINK® enables control and configuration capabilities via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). This offers the flexibility to manage the module status monitoring and configuration from SNMP enabled control systems such as Evertz VistaLINK® PRO locally or remotely.
- Automatic detection of 525 line and 625 line input
- Bypass relay protection on one SDI output for power failures
- 20-bit AES input and audio embedding
- Individual audio group assignment for each group
- Group lock mode maintains phase relationship between the groups for 5.1 audio applications
- Sample rate conversion disable on AES inputs to permit Dolby E® embedding
- Programmable audio delays (up to 7 frames in ½ video field increments using DIP switches or up to 1.35 seconds in 1 sample increments with VistaLINK® control
- Ancillary packet cleaning mode removes all audio before embedding
- Ancillary packet reformatting mode left justifies and removes unused packets before embedding
- Embeds audio on internally generated black or blue video when there is no video input
- Card edge LEDs indicate video and audio signal presence, and module fault
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via SNMP; using VistaLINK® PRO, CP-2116E or CP-2232E Control Panels. VistaLINK® is available when modules are used with the 3RU 7800FR frame and a 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller module in slot 1 of the frame