The SCORPION-X18 Media Processing Platform is a high density signal conversion, routing, aggregation and transport platform capable of simultaneously transporting video, audio, Ethernet and data over traditional dark fiber and/or 10/25/40/100GbE networks. Using SCORPION I/O Mini Modules the SCORPION-X18 is highly flexible and can accommodate 12G/6G/3G/HD/SD-SDI, DVB-ASI, 10/100/1000MbE, 10GbE, Analog/AES/MADI audio, HDMI, Intercom, serial data and Telco interfaces. An onboard 12G crosspoint allows uncompressed routing of any input to any output.
Up to 18x front-facing fiber or electrical SFPs allows for signal conversion, routing, aggregation and transport over dual 10/25/40/100GbE trunk ports. Optional media conversion to IP is available through a network adapter module. When multiple 3606 frames are combined, the transport platform becomes ultra-scalable to define point-to-point, ring, and hub-and-spoke configurations enabling the sharing of content across different sites.
- High density fully modular 1RU form factor
- All-in-one platform to handle all signal conversion, routing and transport needs
- Up to 18x front-facing SFP+ ports for fiber or electrical I/O
- 18x I/O module slots for additional I/O and signal types
- 12G-SDI cross-point to facilitate maximum flexibility of all I/O
- Dual 10/25/40/100GbE front-facing QSFP trunk ports
- +NETAD Network Adapter Module supporting SMPTE ST 2022-6 and will support SMPTE ST 2110
- Simultaneous IP and Dark Fiber Transport into and out of SCORPION-X18
- Supports MSA SFP transceivers as well as dual transmitter, dual receiver SFP configurations
- Diverse Signal Types such as 12G/6G/3G/HD/SD-SDI, DVB-ASI, 10/100/1000/10G Ethernet, Analog/AES/MADI audio, HDMI, Intercom, serial data and Telco interfaces
- Main and Redundant Power Modules and External Power Supply
- -48V DC option available
- Test Signal Generation
- Multiple control options including SNMP, Web Access and Control panels