The 7882IRD2 Series is the basis of a professional platform for receiving, demodulating and decoding digital DVBS/S2/S2X satellite signals. With a compact, modular form-factor, the 7882IRD2 represents one of the highest density and most flexible solutions in the industry. The 7882IRD2 may be mounted in the Evertz 7800 series of enclosures, providing a high-density, modular solution. Options for an innovative removable front control panel and 1RU chassis also allow the 7882IRD2 to be packaged in the traditional IRD2 form-factor, while maintaining all of the benefits of modularity.
Applications include signal reception for broadcasters, cable, DTH and IPTV providers, or any other small to large head-end operators who need to receive and utilize or re-distribute satellite content, and also receive and distribute off-air local contents.
The 7882IRD2 series provides ASI and IP outputs, ideal for turnaround, transcoding, monitoring or other applications where the received signal remains in the compressed domain. For baseband output, the 7882IRD2 utilizes an advanced decoder with support for both MPEG-2 and H.264/AVC, SD or HD encoded signals, optionally up to 4:2:2 10-bit.
In addition to a quad-RF input, the 7882IRD2 also provides inputs for IP and ASI signals, making it a future-proof, universal reception platform for signals delivered over satellite, fiber and other network media. Monitoring parameters such as EsNo ratio, RF power, BER and packet errors present a convenient solution for broadcasters and cable companies who wish to not only receive, but also remotely monitor signal quality. Also, these parameters as well as full monitoring and control of the IRD are relayed over SNMP, for convenient remote access using Evertz own VistaLINK® PRO SNMP monitoring and control package. Additionally, low-speed data support is provided for in-band control.
For applications requiring decryption, the 7882IRD2 provides two slots for installation of a customer-supplied conditional access module. DVB-CI compliant conditional access modules and formats are supported.
- Modular design, allowing flexible configurations along with easy system reconfiguration and service
- May be mounted in the 7800FR series frames in high-density applications (up to seven IRD2 in one 3RU frame)
- May be mounted in the 7801FR and fitted with the 7801CP control panel, yielding a 1RU IRD with removable front control panel and optional redundant power supplies, all of which are hot-swappable and may be serviced without any de-cabling required. Up to 2x units may be mounted in the 7801FR and used with the 7801CP, providing a dual-IRD solution in 1RU
- Future-proof with upgrade paths to support future modulation and encoding technologies
- Standard support for advanced modulation schemes, including DVB-S2 with 16APSK, 32APSK and 64APSK
- Optional DVB-S2X Modulation support
- Standard support for advanced transport stream processing including service filtering and output bitrate control
- Long frames and Short frames
- CCM, VCM and ACM
- SCPC and MCPC support
- Automatic detection and configuration of modulation type, filter roll-off, symbol rate, pilot presence (on/off) and frame length
- Supports on-board Input auto-failover between various inputs including RF/ASI or IP inputs
- Support for encoding profiles from distribution to contribution grade, including H.264 in 4:2:0 8-bit and optional 4:2:2 10-bit formats, along with legacy MPEG-2
- Available two DVB-CI slots for conditional access modules
- Flexible dual decoding of SD and HD as standard
- Optional BISS and BISS-E decryption
- Flexible mid-stage access to compressed domain signals, including two ASI and optional IP outputs
- Straight pass through or PID filtering/remapping of compressed stream outputs
- Standard Dolby pass through and decode of Dolby AC-3 and MPEG-2 Layer 1 audio
- Optional decoding of Dolby E, Plus, AAC, and HE-AAC v1 & v2 for up to 5.1 channels
- 4x AES outputs for each decode
- Optional SCTE 105/34 translation
- Optional Audio Video Monitoring (AVM) for audio mute, video freeze and black detection
- Control through web browser or SNMP using third-party application or Evertz' own VistaLINK SNMP control and monitoring software
- Ability to store ten preset configurations
- Event log support with exporting capabilities are supported on VLPRO
Front View — 7881IRD2 in 1RU with Control Panel
Rear View — 7881IRD2 in 1RU