The 7800SW-GE is an ideal solution for professional small scale IP-switching and IP aggregation applications. Housed in the award-winning 7800 Series multi-frames, this compact, single-slot module offers five IP ports (4x RJ-45, 1x SFP cage) with a wide range of features and comprehensive monitoring and control capabilities.
Advanced features include user-configurable VLAN tagging or pass-through and Layer 2 MAC address learning and switching. IP port aggregation is also supported, allowing multiple ports to be grouped in parallel for increased bandwidth and/or redundancy.
In addition to an on-board web interface, the 7800SW-GE module is VistaLINK® PRO-capable, offering remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). This offers the flexibility to manage operations, including signal monitoring and module configuration from an SNMP-capable NMS.
Features & Benefits
- 5x 1GbE ports (4x RJ-45 and 1xSFP)
- Bi-directional ports, allowing for 1GB of data to move through the module
- Layer 2 switching, learning of MAC addresses
- VLANs, VLAN tagging (passing or adding) for all Data ports
- Port-based link aggregation
- Extensive port-by-port monitoring of Ethernet parameters (frame count)
- Hot-swappable module without need for re-cabling in event of failure
- Fully integrated with Evertz' industry-leading VistaLINK® PRO NMS for remote monitoring, control and configuration via SNMP
- Portable or rack mounted frame assemblies