The 7720DAC-A4 is a high-quality, 24-bit, digital to analog audio converter which converts 2 AES/EBU digital signals to 4 balanced analog audio signals. The 7720DAC-A4 has two independent AES/EBU converters. The inputs sample rate supported are 44.1 KHz and 48KHz. All analog audio outputs levels may be set individually from the front panel.
Level control is provided via a card edge toggle and the set gain level can be read out from a card edge display for convenience. The full scale digital signal can be calibrated to accommodate peak levels ranging of 12dBu to 25dBu with 0.1dB resolution.
The audio DAC features a card edge VU meter for quick confidence monitoring. Four separate level indicators are provided via bargraphs for quick validation of audio program material.
- AES3/IEC-958 or AES-3id/SMPTE276/S/PDIF
- 24-bit, high-quality conversion
- 44.1 and 48KHz sampling rate
- 0dBFS programmable from 12dBu to 25dBu
- Support for 4 channels of balanced analog audio (2 AES/EBU)
- Clock recovery via VCXO for extra stable sample clock generation
- A card edge display provides a 4 channel bar graph type level indicator display for confidence monitoring
- Local card edge display for level setup
- Drives directly 600Ω loads
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via SNMP; using VistaLINK® PRO, CP-2116E or CP-2232E Control Panels. VistaLINK® is available when modules are used with the 3RU 7800FR frame and a 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller module in slot 1 of the frame