The 7708LT is a fiber optic transmitter for RF signals in the extended L-Band or wider frequency range. It accepts a single RF input on coaxial cable and provides a single output for optical transmission. An RF monitor output provides a convenient means of obtaining peak satellite signal strength, or additional signal distribution.
Gain may be adjusted manually or managed automatically via AGC. With SmartMON™, incoming RF signal strength, LNB current and other data are relayed over the fiber output for monitoring through SNMP/VistaLINK® (requires SmartMON™ capable companion fiber receiver) 13/18V DC adjustable LNB power with 22kHz tone is also provided.
- Extended frequency response for extended L-Band, off-air DTV, and other signals
- Protocol independent design - transports all modulation formats
- LNB power with selectable 13/18V DC
- LNB current limit and short circuit protection
- LNB current monitoring for advance warning of LNB failure
- 22kHz tone on/off for LNB local oscillator control
- RF monitor output for signal peaking and signal distribution
- Manual gain and AGC modes
- Wide range adjustable gain in 0.5dB steps for fine tuning signal levels and optimizing CNR
- Available with 1310nm, CWDM (ITU-T G.694.2) and +11dBm high power DWDM (ITU-T G.694.1) laser options
- SmartMON™ capability provides remote status monitoring via SNMP without a separate data connection
- VistaLINK® capability is available for monitoring and control when modules are used in a 3RU 350FR, 7800FR frame and a 7700FC VistaLINK® frame controller is installed in Slot 1 of the frame
- Fiber link provides electrical isolation between antenna and facility, mitigating ground loop and lightning issues
- The 7708LT occupies one card slot and can be housed in the 1RU 7801FR frame which holds up to four single or two dual slot modules, the 3RU 7800FR frame which has a 15 slot capacity, the portable 3RU 350FR frame which has a 7 slot capacity, or a standalone enclosure which holds a single module.