Evertz' 3406FR-HDBNC is a high-capacity bulk optical conversion platform. With the ability to accommodate 16x Evertz 3406/3405 series SFPs, up to 32x optical-to-electrical or electrical-to-optical conversions may be performed in a single frame. Four additional MSA-compliant copper or fiber SFPs (coax/fiber video or Ethernet) are available for additional conversion flexibility. Occupying only 1RU, the 3406FR-HDBNC is ideal for space-limited applications.
The 3406FR-HDBNC can accommodate any 3406/3405 series SFP, allowing the SFP cages to be populated as needed with optical transmit, receive, regenerator or electrical distribution amplifier SFPs. The SFP positions are not limited by function - any combination of 3406/3405 SFP types may be used, making countless versatile combinations possible. Benefits of fiber optics for video transport include longer attainable distances, smaller/lighter cabling, reduced cable tray loads and electrical isolation. The 3406FR-HDBNC provides a low-overhead means for simple electrical/optical conversion for interfacility transport, as well as overcoming the limitations imposed by coaxial cable in intra-facility applications.
3406/3405 series SFPs are able to handle ASI, SDI, HD-SDI, 3G and 12G digital video signals, as well as other signal rates up to 12G on non-reclocked versions (e.g. MADI). The SFP modules are hot-swappable, allowing for quick servicing or easy reconfiguration or expansion at any time. Eighteen CWDM wavelengths are also available, which when combined with Evertz CWDM products allow up to 18x signals to be multiplexed on to a single fiber, greatly conserving fiber usage.
The 3406FR-HDBNC supports full remote monitoring and control through an easy-to-use web browser and/or SNMP/VistaLINK® when optional frame controllers are installed. The platform supports a single frame controller, or dual modules may be installed for redundancy. Numerous parameters such as optical power and electrical signal presence and rate can be accessed remotely to monitor system integrity.
The 3406FR-HDBNC was designed to provide carrier-grade reliability with all SFPs, power supplies, frame controllers and the fan module being hot-swappable. There are no active components in the frame itself, a patented feature from Evertz ensuring that the frame and coaxial cabling never need to be removed from the rack for service. The 3406FR-HDBNC frame accommodates main and redundant AC inlet power supply modules.
- High density - up to 32x 12G/3G/HD/SD/ASI video over fiber conversions in 1RU
- Four additional MSA-compliant SFP slots for fiber to fiber, fiber to coax, fiber to RJ-45 conversions (SFP dependent)
- Any combination of 3406/3405 SFP types may be installed in any slots, including optical transmit, receive, regenerator and electrical distribution amplifiers
- All active components are hot-swappable
- SFP modules can be hot-swapped without de-cabling coaxial connections
- Accommodates single or dual redundant frame controllers
- Accommodates redundant AC inlet power supplies
- Positive locking high density HD-BNC connectors
- Comprehensive signal and SFP status monitoring and control remotely through an easy-to-use web browser interface and/or SNMP and VistaLINK® when frame controller(s) are installed
- Optional integrated CWDM module does not require additional rack space and may be used to condense up to 36x signals onto two fiber strands