The 7700GPI VistaLINK® General Purpose Interface module links third-party equipment and Evertz VistaLINK® Network Management System (NMS). Third-party equipment with fault alarming capabilities through General Purpose Interface outputs (GPOs) can communicate fault alarm conditions to the VistaLINK® application software through this GPO to SNMP translator, thereby extending fault-monitoring capabilities across the broadcast network.
Equipped with a Linear Time Code (LTC) input, the 7700GPI module can synchronize logged fault alarms within the VistaLINK® application software with the facility clock for accurate alarm acknowledgement and record keeping. In addition, it is possible to label each GPI input for easier notification. The label follows the fault message (trap) through to the VistaLINK® PRO server and onto email/pager notifications (if enabled).
The GPI module is also equipped with three NC/NO GPI outputs (GPO) and can be utilized to relay a "message" from the VistaLINK® system to connected gear. Configuration changes or additional fault alarming is possible through this interface.
VistaLINK® offers remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) giving the flexibility to manage operations, including signal monitoring and module configuration from SNMP-capable control systems (Manager or NMS).
- 20 opto-isolated General Purpose Interface inputs (GPI)
- Enabled GPI inputs/alerts translated and reported to Network Management System (NMS) user interface via SNMP
- Selectable +5V or +12V supply for driving GPI over longer cable runs
- Three relay closure General Purpose Interface outputs (GPO)
- GPI/GPO easily accessed through pin-headers (2x6 Phoenix Terminal Blocks) on rear plate
- One LTC input for module synchronization of fault alarms to facility time
- Modular, conveniently fits into 7800FR 3RU frame
- Module status LED and 20 GPI LEDs for simple GPI input diagnostics
- Frame status trigger
- Jumper-configurable RS-232/RS-422 input serial COM port for serial protocol interface translation
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring and control via SNMP (using VistaLINK® PRO) when installed in 7800FR frame with a 7800FC VistaLINK® Frame Controller