The Evertz 3505FR-XLINK is a high-capacity bulk optical conversion platform. With the ability to accommodate 64 Evertz 3405 series SFP's, up to 128 optical to electrical or electrical to optical conversions may be performed in a single frame. Occupying only 2RU of rack space, the 3505FR-XLINK is the industry's highest density optical conversion platform making it ideal for space-limited applications. The 3505FR-XLINK is intended for extending Evertz X-LINK connections over fiber. Up to four X-LINK cables can be extended per 3505FR-XLINK frame. These extensions may be X-LINK transmit or receive, depending on whether 3405 transmit or receive SFP's are installed in the frame. A single frame can accommodate both transmit and receive X-LINK extensions. Benefits of fiber optics for video transport include longer attainable distances, smaller/lighter cabling, reduced cable tray loads and electrical isolation. The 3505FR-XLINK provides a low-overhead means for simple electrical/optical conversion for interfacility transport, as well as overcoming the limitations imposed by coaxial cable in intra-facility applications.
3405 series SFP's are able to handle ASI, SDI, HD-SDI and 3G digital video signals, as well as other signal rates up to 3 Gig on non-reclocked versions (e.g. MADI). The SFP modules are hot-swappable, allowing for quick servicing or easy reconfiguration or expansion at any time. 16 CWDM wavelengths are also available, which when combined with Evertz CWDM products allow up to 16 signals to be multiplexed on to a single fiber, greatly conserving fiber usage.
The 3505FR-XLINK supports full remote monitoring and control over SNMP/VistaLINK® when optional frame controllers are installed. The platform supports a single frame controller, or dual modules may be installed for redundancy. Numerous parameters such as optical power and electrical signal presence and rate can be accessed remotely to monitor system integrity. The 3505FR-XLINK was designed to provide carrier-grade reliability with all SFP's, power supplies, frame controllers and the fan module being hot-swappable. There are no active components in the frame itself, a patent-pending feature from Evertz ensuring that the frame and coaxial cabling never need to be removed from the rack for service.
- Highest density in the industry - up to 128 conversions in 2RU
- Any combination of 3405SFP types may be installed in any slots, including optical transmit or receive.
- All active components are hot-swappable
- SFP modules can be hot-swapped without de-cabling X-LINK connections
- Temperature controlled fans to minimize audible noise
- Accommodates single or dual redundant frame controllers
- Accommodates redundant power supplies
- Comprehensive signal and card status monitoring via four digit card edge display or remotely through SNMP and VistaLINK® when frame controller(s) are installed