Customer Support & System Commissioning Engineer - Broadcast Systems
- Technical Support
- Reading, United Kingdom
Evertz is a world leading company in the design and manufacture of innovative and pioneering video & audio broadcast equipment, for both traditional point-to-point based architectures as well as high speed and high bandwidth network based architectures.
We are expanding our Customers Support team and are looking for keen and enthusiastic engineers/technicians with a passion for technical customer support to join our UK based team at Winnersh, Berkshire. Prior knowledge of the broadcast industry is not a requirement but would be an asset.
Evertz is a global video & audio technology company who are committed to providing an exceptional level of support to our customers worldwide. The role encompasses many aspects including the direct support of our customer base, onsite & remote commissioning and training.
This position is a challenging mix that combines technical know-how and customer service skills and requires, at times, national and international travel to our customer’s production studios and distribution facilities.
- To respond and provide technical guidance to customers regarding operational issues, configuration, firmware upgrades and general maintenance.
- To assess the customer’s product application, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause.
- To install products or systems at customer sites and deliver training to customers in-house or abroad.
- To maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes including customer feature requests to the product team.
- To recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner.
- No mandatory formal qualification required, although HND / Degree in Electronics or Engineering as a guide.
- May be qualified through industrial or professional experience with experience of digital video & audio in broadcast or a related professional field.
- Previous experience testing/servicing/commissioning digital products in the broadcast industry.
- Willingness to learn technical aspects of legacy and current product and be able to self-educate to competency level given access to appropriate resources.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Self-motivated, with the ability to self-manage time, targets and work load.
- Enthusiastic and always maintains professionalism, even under pressure.
- Flexible, willing and able to travel or work overtime at short notice.
- Excellent attention to detail, following set procedures and instructions as required.
- Resourceful, with the ability to put forward solutions quickly in difficult situations
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Career progression. Fast paced environment with opportunity to learn broad range of technical skills
- Casual work environment
- Social events
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Apply Now Back to Careers