MAGNUM, as a unified control system, bridges all of the major components (whether all-SDI, all-IP or hybrid) within the broadcast path under a single point of control enabling broadcasters to simplify facility workflow and gain efficiency while reducing operational costs.
SDVN (Software Defined Video Networking)
MAGNUM powers Evertz' Software Defined Video Networking (SDVN). As the industry migrates towards an IP-centric facility, MAGNUM allows content providers to seamlessly transition from SDI to IP without compromise. As the SDVN orchestration and control, MAGNUM leverages Evertz 10/100GE high capacity switch fabrics, media IP gateways, and Evertz traditional SDI products such as EQX 3G/HD/SD-SDI routers. Evertz' SDVN offers broadcasters, content distributors and service providers a flexible, format agnostic and scalable infrastructure for SD, HD, 3G, and Ultra HD (4K and 8K) video.
Unix based operating system, redundant networking, multi-node cluster with automatic fail over.
Routers, multiviewers and terminal equipment all managed and controlled under a single system.
Dozens of devices, hundreds of panels and control interfaces.
No software to install. Configure and manage MAGNUM from anywhere using only a web browser on your computer or mobile device. One interface to monitor events and filter using web reporting tools.
Manage all facility names from a single interface. MAGNUM will automatically keep everything in sync.
Providing each panel and user interface its own customized access to resources.
Make configuration changes while minimizing impact on the operation of the system.
3rd Party Integration
Integrate existing third party systems into one centralized control environment.
- Unifies control / interfacing to all Evertz and 3rd party routers
- Central location for controlling Evertz routing products (EQX, Xenon, & IPX), 3rd party routers and router control systems
- Configure and manage systems ranging from single router systems (with 10s of sources / destinations) to large enterprise sized systems (with 1000s of sources / destinations, that utilizes tie-lines)
- Unifies control and interfacing to Evertz multiviewers
- Central location for controlling Evertz multiviewer products (MVP, MVPX, VIPA & VIPX)
- Configure and manage various setup & monitoring parameters from a central web interface
- Update specific multiviewer mnemonics using the Name Application
- Use Maestro design client to create multiviewer layouts
- Provides central storage and recall of the saved layouts
Master Control & Branding
- Provides centralized management of multiple channel playout for dynamic control and automatic mnemonics
- Simplifying the management and routing of IP/optical based resources within the familiar source and destination baseband architecture
- Enables control for Evertz IP based devices such as Encoders, Decoders, IPX, and IPGs
- Provision, schedule, and manage network and optical bandwidth & pathfinding for Evertz transport
- Intelligent Signal Path finding by dynamically reconfiguring in-line Evertz conversion & processing devices
- Automatic provisioning and configuration of scarce resources thereby minimizing equipment overhead and management requirements
- Using up convert, down convert, and cross-convert devices, MAGNUM's Intelligent Signal Pathing engine dynamically re-purposes the devices based on the conversion requirements of the operator. For example simplifying the conversion process from an incoming SD signal to a HD destination
- Unifies configuration and management of the tally state and status from discrete devices
- Central location for configuring tally setups for interfacing to switchers, discrete GPIOs, multiviewers, routers, & IMD devices
- Create, save and recall various tally configurations for an event
- Centrally manages and interfaces to Evertz routers and multiviewers
- Reduces configuration time of systems
- Offers dynamic multi-system control to simple button per source panel types
- Variety of choices for router control and interfacing using advanced multi-system panels, LCD re-legendable, or simple button per source interfaces
Increasingly complex workflows, staffing reductions, as well as size and space constraints are all challenges that media broadcasters face today. At the center of the Evertz Production solution is MAGNUM which unifies the control of all the elements found in production facilities including routing, multiviewers and tally.
Master Control is the heart of any broadcast facility. Demands for reliability, serviceability and signal protection are essential. MAGNUM unifies the control and management of these essential devices by providing robust router, multiviewer and tally interface solutions.
Evertz offers high performance and cost effective solutions that optimize workflow and improve efficiency within the facility. MAGNUM provides a single unified interface for managing and controlling the various systems. Whether the requirement is interfacing for router control, centralized name management, multiviewers or Intelligent signal pathing, MAGNUM is able to simplify the operation.
In challenging, quick turn production environments MAGNUM provides a solution for unifying the control of all the elements found in mobile production including routing, multiviewing and tally. Providing a single interface for control and management enables more to be accomplished in less time and effort. A web interface allows changes to be made without being confined to a specific location.
MAGNUM simplifies the control of inbound or outbound signal process flow using its Intelligent Signal Pathing engine for automatic conversion. Management and routing of IP/optical resources, such as IP fabric or gateways is also simplified by using the familiar source and destination based architecture.
Multi-System Control Panels
Control multiple systems from a single hardware control surface with either the CP-2116E or CP-2232E. These slim, silent and user configurable panels allow users to install apps to interface with routing systems, multiviewers, terminal equipment, logo inserters, Overture RT, keyers, ATP, XRF and clip layers.
Key Benefits and Features
- Slim and silent design
- High resolution LCD touch screens
- Web based configuration - no software to install
- Reprogrammable LCD buttons
- Multiple profiles for user based system access and customization
Router Control Panels
Evertz has a comprehensive range of router control panels to suit any routing needs.
- 1RU or 2RU options
- LCD programmable or fixed buttons
- XY or button per source
- Level break aways
- Joystick interface
- Source chopping
- Programmable menus
- Src/Dst scroll lists or prefix based
MAGNUM Ordering Information
|MAGNUM-ROUTER||Router control / interfacing, router panel hosting, tieline management, and mnemonics software module|
|MAGNUM-MULTIVIEWER||Integrated routing, layout recall, mnemonics with the router, multiviewer software management module|
|MAGNUM-NAMES||Name interchange module for MAGNUM control system. The module facilitates name interchange between Magnum and supported 3rd Party interfaces, allowing for central management of names within a system.|
|MAGNUM-TALLY||Software Tally module for MAGNUM control system for gathering tally from production and master control switchers for Program / Preview / Contribution Tally / GPI / GPO.|
|MAGNUM-SCRIPT||Script module for MAGNUM control system. Allows customers to create custom scripted actions in MAGNUM such as set cross-points, load Multiviewer layouts, set SNMP parameters, etc|
|MAGNUM-SCHEDULE||MAGNUM module that allows scheduling of actions of other installed MAGNUM modules, for example top of the hour routes.|
|MAGNUM-ISP||MAGNUM software module to provide Intelligent Signal Path finding. Dynamically reconfigure in-line Evertz conversion and processing devices as required. Thereby minimizing the equipment overhead requirement traditionally needed in a multi format facility.|
|MAGNUM-KVM-32||KVM control module for MAGNUM control system. Allows interfacing and control of the Evertz KVM solution using MAGNUM and its supported interfaces. License allows a matrix of 32x32 for KVM devices.|
|MAGNUM-ROUTER-R||Redundant software module for MAGNUM-ROUTER. Requires licensed MAGNUM-ROUTER|
|MAGNUM-MULTIVIEWER-R||Redundant software module for MAGNUMMULTIVIEWER. Requires licensed MAGNUMMULTIVIEWER|
|MAGNUM-NAMES-R||Redundant software module for MAGNUM-NAMES. Requires licensed MAGNUM-NAMES|
|MAGNUM-TALLY-R||Redundant software module for MAGNUM-TALLY. Requires licensed MAGNUM-TALLY|
|MAGNUM-SCRIPT-R||Redundant Script module for MAGNUM control system. Requires licesnsed MAGNUM-SCRIPT|
|MAGNUM-SCHEDULE-R||Redundant software module for MAGNUMSCHEDULE. Requires licensed MAGNUM-SCHEDULE|
|MAGNUM-ISP-R||Redundant software module for MAGNUM-ISP. Requires licensed MAGNUM-ISP|
|MAGNUM-KVM-R||Redundant software module for MAGNUM-KVM. Requires licensed MAGNUM-KVM|
|MAGNUM-HW||1RU Enterprise Class Server for all MAGNUM software modules.|
Hearst Station KETV in Omaha Partners With BeckTV and Evertz for New Broadcast Facility in Historic Rail StationThursday, February 25, 2016
BeckTV, one of the United States' premier design-build systems integrators, has completed the installation and commissioning of broadcast systems within the brand-new KETV facility, located within the renovated Burlington Station in Omaha, Nebraska. The Hearst Television-owned television station worked with BeckTV to integrate state-of-the-art broadcast systems, using Evertz end-to- end infrastructure solutions, into the historic building while preserving original elements dating back to 1898, when the rail station first opened. Read more...
BeckTV Installs Evertz Broadcast System for KETVThursday, February 25, 2016
KETV has been operating from its new studio inside Omaha, Neb.'s historic Burlington Station since October, and part of the station's move was the installation of its broadcast system for the facility, courtesy of BeckTV. Using Evertz end-to-end infrastructure, BeckTV installed a state-of-the-art broadcast system for the Hearst Television-owned TV station. Read more...