Evertz' SCORPION IPX series products are a network based broadcast distribution solution, constructed using Evertz' award winning SDVN (Software Defined Video Network) architecture. SCORPION IPX packages utilize a highly reliable 1/10/25/40/100GbE infrastructure for routing video and audio, offering unprecedented scalability and reliability. The device will be familiar to 3080 and 9080 IPX users, with the same user interface and overlapping feature set for a seamless product adoption. The SCORPION IPX series fabrics are ideal for 1/10G media networking as well as acting as a 1/10G aggregation or leaf switch to optimize high bandwidth port allocation/usage. The SCORPION IPX switch fabric has been developed purpose built for high-capacity, low latency data routing with deterministic control essential for routing high resolution video and audio. Unlike other "off the shelf" network appliances which require extensive IT knowledge and programming experience, the SCORPION IPX is a plug-and-play 1/10/25/40/100GbE switch fabric, customized to work seamlessly within a broadcast environment for the purpose of routing high bandwidth video and audio data.
Included IPX Features
- Multicast and unicast operation
- VLAN configuration
- IGMP or SDN routing
- Source discovery
- Flow bandwidth monitoring
- Multicast flow bandwidth policing
- Spanning tree protocol
- Transparent clock mode
- Supported by MAGNUM-OS
- SNMP and API monitoring
- inSITE flow monitor streaming
- Up to 2x QSFP ports front facing. Supporting 1/10/25/40/100GbE connectivity
- 16x SFP/SFP+ ports rear facing. Supporting 1/10GbE connectivity
- 2x RJ45 1GbE rear facing ports for redundant management and control of the chassis, modules, and IPX functions. Must be logically separated.
- MAGNUM-OS, WebEasy, API, and SNMP management and monitoring support
- Hot swappable frame controller with 1GbERJ45 for out of band management and control. Redundant frame controller included in all packages
- External, redundant, hot swappable 120V AC power supply bricks. Bulk 1RU managed power supply for more details
- Power auto-ranging, 100 – 240V AC, 0/60Hz, up to 150 watts fully loaded. See SCORPION 18 power supply for more details
- Rear hot swappable fan array facilitating left to right cooling. Replacement or spare options available.
|1.8" H x 19" W x 13.875" D (46 x 483 x 353mm)
|NEMKO listed, complies with CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 62368-1-14, UL Std.
No. 62368-1 2nd Edition, IEC 62368-1:2014, IEC 60950-1:2005, AMD1:2009, AMD2:2013, EN55032:2012/AC:2013, EN550035:2017, FCC47 CFR Part 15, Subpart B, ICES-003 Issue 6
|1RU SCORPION IPX package supporting 16 rear SFP/SFP+ ports supporting 1/10G connectivity. Includes dual frame controller. Power bricks and SFP/SFP+ not included
|1RU SCORPION IPX package supporting 16 rear SFP/SFP+ ports supporting 1/10G connectivity, and 2 front QSFP ports supporting 1/10/25/40/100G connectivity. Includes dual frame controller. Power bricks and SFP/QSFP not included
|Frame controller for SCORPION-18 chassis types.
|48V DC step down convertor module for 1RU SCORPION chassis. Power bricks sold separately
|Replacement fan module
|External power brick for SCORPION-18 chassis types. Up to 280 watts output
|Package to provide redundant power up to 3sCORPION-18 chassis. Includes all 6x 3ft XLR4 power cables.
|Package to provide redundant power up to 6sCORPION-18 chassis. Includes all 12x 3ft XLR4 power cables.
|40G PSM LR4 10km QSFP+ Optical Transceiver
|40G QSFP, 4 channel 850nm Multimode.
|100G QSFP, 4 channel 1310nm, MPO/APC connector, 10km
|100G QSFP, 4 channel 850nm Multimode.
|QSFP 25G to SFP 25G Adapter
|1000Mbps RJ45 SFP module with SerDes interface
|10/100/1000Mbps RJ45 SFP module with SGMII interface
|SFP Optical Transceiver, 1.25Gbs, 1310nm, SMF, 20km
|SFP+ Optical Transceiver, 10Gbs, 1310nm DFB, SMF, 10km
|SFP+ Optical Transceiver, 10Gbps, 1310nm, SMF, 10km
|SFP+ Optical Transceiver, 10Gbps, 850nm, MMF, 300m