The 7880DM-FM series is a complete hardware based solution for demodulating analog and digital FM//FM-HD signals. With a modular form-factor, the 7880DM-FM represents one of the highest density and most flexible solutions in the industry providing 8 demodulators in a single slot card.
Applications include signal reception for cable, DTH and IPTV providers, or any other small to large head-end operators who need to receive and distribute local content. The 7880DM-FM has IP output, ideal for turnaround, transcoding, transporting, monitoring or other applications where the received signal remains in the compressed domain.
Advanced RDS (Radio Data System) and RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data System) decoder and processor for demodulation, symbol decoding, block synchronization, error detection, and error correction. The RDS decoder provides several significant benefits including very fast and robust RDS synchronization in noisy signal levels with very high block error rates (BLER), industry-leading sensitivity, and improved data reliability in all signal environments.
Monitoring parameters such as RSSI, SNR and channel stability presents a convenient solution for broadcasters and cable companies who wish to not only receive, but also remotely monitor signal quality. These parameters as well as full control of the demodulator are relayed over SNMP, for convenient remote access using Evertz' own VistaLINK® PRO SNMP monitoring and control package.
- Modular design, allowing flexible configurations along with easy system reconfiguration and service
- 8 FM Tuner modules with digital output for MPEG encoding, streaming
- Supports WorldDMB Receiver Profiles 1 and 2
- Advanced audio DSP processing
- Programmable FM tuner parameters (FM stereo-mono blend, dynamic FM channel bandwidth, AM/FM hi-cut filters)
- Incorporate a preemphasis filter to improve the signal-to-noise ratio of FM receivers
- Monitoring of FM quality parameters and RDS signal parameters (PI, PS)
- Comprehensive signal quality metrics: RSSI, SNR, frequency offset, and channel stability
- Up to four units may be mounted in the 7801FR 1RU chassis, capable of receiving 32 FM signals in 1RU
- Up to fourteen units may be mounted in the 7800FR 3RU chassis, capable of receiving 112 signals in 3RU
- Local control panel option available in 1RU frame
- Remote control panel option available in 3RU frame
- Control through web-browser or SNMP using third-party application or Evertz' own SNMP control and monitoring software
- SMPTE 302 compliant TSoIP outputs per demod
- 8 channels (MPTS/SPTS) via IP (RTP, optional: UDP Unicast/Multicast)
- Optional IP FEC encoding in output stream
- Advanced RDS (Radio Data System) and RBDS (Radio Broadcast Data System) decoder and processor