The 7808T/R-8RF series is a card-based RF over Fiber N+1 redundancy system up to an 8+1 configuration; mountable inside Evertz 7800 series multi-frames. Integrated with Evertz' modular RF over Fiber system, the 7808 Series provides a redundant RF over Fiber path with automatic and/or manual switching in the case of a main path failure (damage of fiber optic cable, transmitter, receiver, LNB power, etc.).
Monitoring and control of card status is provided locally at the card edge and remotely via VistaLINK® PRO NMS software. Advanced features include 13/18V LNB adjustable power and monitoring with 22kHz tone, wide range of manual/IGC/AGC gain, DC and RF passthrough and more.
The 7808T13 is a dual-slot module which provides redundancy for Evertz' RF over Fiber transmitters. It has 8x RF inputs and a single optical output with a built-in switch and wideband transmitter. With Evertz' proprietary SmartMON™ monitoring software, incoming RF signal strength, LNB current and other data are relayed over the fiber output for monitoring through SNMP/VistaLINK® PRO.
The 7808R is a dual-slot module which provides redundancy for Evertz RF over Fiber receivers. It has a single optical input and 8x RF outputs with a built-in switch and wideband receiver.
- Redundancy up to 8+1
- Wideband 88MHz to 3GHz for IF, L-Band, extended L-Band applications
- RF and DC passthrough using passive rear plate, providing true redundancy
- Local Control/Data port
- The 7808T acts as a redundant LNB powering system in case of main LNB path failure; standard selectable 13/18V DC
- LNB current limit and short circuit protection
- LNB current monitoring for advance warning of LNB failure
- 22kHz tone on/off for LNB local oscillator control
- DC passthrough for downstream LNB power, allowing backup LNB power
- Fully hot-swappable from front of frame with all cabling at the rear
- Extended frequency response for extended L-Band and off-air DTV signals
- Protocol independent design - transports all modulation formats
- Supports manual, automatic (AGC) and intelligent (IGC) gain control modes
- IGC mode provides simple automatic compensation for fiber loss while output level tracks input level at SmartMON™ capable fiber transmitter
- Wide range adjustable gain in 0.5dB steps for fine tuning signal levels and optimizing CNR
- SmartMON™ capability provides remote status monitoring via SNMP without a separate data connection
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring and control via SNMP (using VistaLINK® PRO) when installed in 7800FR frame with a 7800FC VistaLINK® frame controller
- SmartMON™ capability for display of monitored parameters from redundant transmitter module