With many UHD signals still existing as quad-link 3G, there is a real need to provide high density 12G-SDI conversions. The 7800MDM-12G is a bi-directional multiplexer/de-multiplexer for converting UHD signals between quad-link 3G and 12G-SDI. Capable of transport format transformations in both directions simultaneously, it supports both SQD (square division multiplexed) as well as 2si (two sample interleaved) signals with the ability to convert between each on the quad-link I/Os. 7800MDM-12G needs only a single slot in a 7800 series frame, providing the high density broadcasters need during the transition phase to 12G-SDI.
- Converts between 12G (SMPTE ST 2082) SDI and quad-link 3G SDI
- Support for Level A and B 3G-SDI presented as both quad-division and 2SI UHD signals
- High density, bi-directional conversion on a single-slot card
- Converts SQD inputs to 2sI and vice versa
- Modular and front accessible
- Dual 12G-SDI input (software selectable as to source) and dual 12G outputs for signal distribution when equipped with second input SFP (dual 12G I/O included with -HDBNC-R version)
- Remote monitoring and control via web GUI; available via SNMP using VistaLINK® PRO, [[CP-2116E or CP-2232E