With many UHD signals still existing as quad-link 3G, there is a real need to provide high-density 12G-SDI conversions. The 7800MDM-12G is a bi-directional multiplexer/demultiplexer for converting UHD signals between quad-link 3G and 12G SDI. Being able to do transformations in both directions, and taking only a single slot in a 7800 series frame, provides the high density broadcasters need during the transition phase to 12G-SDI.
- Converts between 12G (SMPTE ST 2082) SDI and Quad-Link 3G SDI
- Support for Level A and B 3G-SDI presented as both Quad-Division and 2sI UHD signals
- Bi-Directional - a single card can be used to wrap a device with both inputs and outputs
- Modular and front accessible - can be hot-swapped without de-cabling
- High Density - bi-directional conversion on a single-slot card, 14 cards per frame
- Dual 12G-SDI input (software selectable as to source) and dual 12G outputs for signal distribution when equipped with optional second input SFP
- VistaLINK® capable for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via SNMP using VistaLINK® PRO, CP-2116E or CP-2232E Control Panels. VistaLINK® is available when modules are used with the 7800FR or 7801FR with 7800/7801FC frame controller installed.
- Web GUI for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities when modules are used with the 7800FR or 7801FR with 7800/7801FC frame controller installed.