With many UHD signals still existing as quad-link 3G, there is a real need to provide high density 12G-SDI conversions. The 7800MDM-12G is a bi-directional multiplexer/de-multiplexer for converting UHD signals between quad-link 3G and 12G-SDI. Capable of transport format transformations in both directions simultaneously, it supports both SQD (square division multiplexed) as well as 2si (two sample interleaved) signals with the ability to convert between each on the quad-link I/Os. 7800MDM-12G needs only a single slot in a 7800 series frame, providing the high density broadcasters need during the transition phase to 12G-SDI.
- Converts between 12G (SMPTE ST 2082) SDI and Quad-Link 3G SDI
- Support for Level A and B 3G-SDI presented as both Quad-Division and 2sI UHD signals
- Bi-directional - a single card can be used to wrap a device with both inputs and outputs
- Modular and front accessible - can be hot-swapped without decabling
- High Density - bi-directional conversion on a single-slot card, 14 cards per frame
- Capability to convert SQD (square division) inputs to 2Si and vice versa
- Dual 12G-SDI input (software selectable as to source) and dual 12G outputs for signal distribution when equipped with optional second input SFP
- VistaLINK®-capable for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via SNMP using VistaLINK® PRO, CP-2116E or CP-2232E Control Panels. VistaLINK® is available when modules are used with the 7800FR or 7801FR with 7800/7801FC frame controller installed.
- Web GUI for remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities when modules are used with the 7800FR or 7801FR with 7800/7801FC frame controller installed.