The 7721DD4-HD performs a number of embedded data monitoring and processing functions. It is designed to provide a flexible extraction point for GPO (output) triggering information and/or serial RS-232/RS-422 data streams. For SCTE104 DPI applications, the product may be equipped with the +SCTE104 option. This provides a number of functions for controlling ad insertion and monitoring the presence of SCTE104 messaging on the input signal to ensure quality of revenue-generating advertising service. These functions include:
- Monitor for SCTE104 DPI signals and trigger GPO's to drive ad insertion systems
- Output SNMP traps as SCTE104 messages are received
- Output SCTE104 messages via serial port to feed logging systems
- Allow last received SCTE104 message to be retrieved via SNMP
In addition, the 7721DD4-HD provides a host of functionality for embedded serial and GPI functionality, including:
- Extract GPI triggers from unused audio channels as per SMPTE 337M and generate GPO's
- Extract GPI triggers from user bits of VITC or RP188 Timecode (+GPI option) and generate GPO's
- Extract up to four serial RS-232/RS-422 data streams from VANC (+VANC option)
- Extract up to four serial RS-232/RS-422 data streams from unused audio channels
This device is the complement processing module to the widely used 7721DE4-HD module which can be used for embedding serial, GPI and SCTE104 messages.
The 7721DD4-HD is VistaLINK® capable, offering remote monitoring, control and configuration capabilities via Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) giving the flexibility to manage operations, including signal monitoring and module configuration from SNMP capable control systems (Manager or NMS).
The 7721DD4-HD occupies 1 card slot and can be housed in the 3RU 7800FR frame which has a 15 slot capacity, or the portable 3RU 350FR frame which has a 7 slot capacity. This device requires the 7800FC or 7801FC Frame Controller for configuration.
- HD/SD-SDI input and two HD/SD-SDI outputs
- Bypass relay protected input
- SCTE 104 digital program extraction messaging
- High density approach offers 14 modules within 3RU
- Send extracted SCTE104 messages to output serial port (+SCTE104 option)
- Extraction of VANC data in input video and send them out through serial port (+VANC option)
- GPO toggling per SCTE104 message (+SCTE104 option)
- VistaLINK® Monitoring and Control