Applications Engineer - Playout Technologies
- R&D, Canada
- Burlington, ON, Canada
The OvertureRT platform leverages advanced technologies to build next-generation systems for linear playout, audio processing, graphics insertion and branding in the Media and Entertainment industry. Major content producers use the OvertureRT platform as a core element of their linear playout ecosystem.
As an Applications Engineer, you will be joining a team responsible for defining, designing, and validating new features on the OvertureRT platform. As a member of our team, you will be involved in helping create the best solutions for the customers using our equipment and services. In this role you will be involved in a wide range of tasks including creating product documentation, defining feature specifications, working with the QA team to ensure proper validation of new features, and building systems for Proof-of-Concept systems and interop tests with other Evertz and third-party equipment.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone that is self-driven and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment that fosters teamwork and collaboration across a wide range of disciplines.
Skills and experience you will bring:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
Additional skills and experience that will be useful:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, software engineering, networking or similar discipline.
- Familiarity with AWS (Lambda, Step Functions, Dynamo DB, CloudWatch, CloudFormation), and/or Broadcast Technology (Video, Audio, OTT, Live Production).
- Research and investigate new technologies to support the creation new features.
- Assist with defining product requirements based on feedback from internal and external sources.
- Creating detailed documentation of specifications for the product.
- Working with the engineering, sales, and QA teams on software development projects.
- Writing code and scripts as well as installing, maintaining, and testing new features.
- Assist with customer demo preparation and execution.
- Assist with POC and interop testing.
- Communicate and promote new features with internal and external stakeholders.
- Documenting development processes, procedures, and application version histories.
- Working with support team to investigate and resolve issues in the field.
- Provide updates on new and existing issues to the development and product teams.
- Help drive customer satisfaction.
What we Offer:
- Employer funded benefits program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-Life Balance
- Employee assistance plan
- Employee Discount Platform
- Career Progression
- Casual Work Environment
- Social Events and Sports Teams
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Apply Now Back to Careers