Enterprise Support Engineer
- Technical Support
- Reading, United Kingdom
Evertz is looking for highly technical and self-motivated individuals for a challenging role in enterprise class software/hardware support engineering. If you are looking to learn and grow with the latest and greatest technologies in the Media and Entertainment (M+E) industry and build strong customer communications skills, this position is for you!
While working with Evertz Enterprise Support group you will be supporting major M+E customers globally. The opportunities to learn and grow within the industry are limitless. Our products use a broad range of leading-edge technologies that are highly relevant in both the IT and Media Entertainment Industries, amongst others!
You will be working with Evertz’ industry leading in Media Supply Chain and Linear Playout solutions. You will assist customers in maintaining superior system up-time and performance by assisting the with quick, efficient and professional problem solving. You will be integrally involved in both private and public cloud deployments of the Evertz hardware and software technology stack.
- Respond and provide expert technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware upgrades and general system maintenance
- Regularly assess customer applications and trouble-shoot/diagnose issues through research and/or issue replication to determine the root cause
- Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear, and professional manner
- Maintain a communication link between customer service and other Evertz departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating status/progress to customers.
- Aid in design changes and interface with Evertz Product Management team regarding new “feature requests”
- Support the development of communications tools by generating or authoring customer guides as well as by providing detailed technical information to technical writing group.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of network technologies (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Switches)
- Familiarity with Linux (any flavor)
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments (AWS) is preferred
- Database experience would be an asset
- Above average customer service skills
- Ability to perform effectively in high pressure situations
- Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
- Passion for technology and learning new software and hardware products
- Problem-solving ability and ability to react to changing situations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Degree or diploma in Computer, Electronics or Computer Electronics is an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be eligible for international travel and able to work alone with little or no supervision
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Career progression. Fast paced environment with opportunity to learn broad range of technical skills
- Casual work environment
- Social events
Evertz UK Ltd (a division of Evertz Microsystems) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 2,000 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Apply Now Back to Careers