- Technical Support
- Reading, United Kingdom
A new opportunity due to team expansion to join one the world’s leading broadcast systems manufacturers in their Reading office.
The successful candidate will be expected to work with senior IT engineers based remotely to maintain existing systems, provide day to day support to staff, and deliver new projects.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Provision and maintain on-premises servers and network hardware (Virtual Machines, Network switches, Firewalls)
- Troubleshoot network, server and client related issues
- Manage corporate disaster recovery and backup systems and resources
- Managing VM clusters
- Network maintenance
- Ensuring business systems are running on compliant hardware and software
- End user IT help desk
- System patching
- Keeping system documentation up-to-date
Knowledge and skills
- IP Networking - Subnets – VLans – DNS – DHCP etc
- Linux OS distributions – Installation, CLI configuration tools etc.
- Network switch configuration
- Storage technologies
- Info sec experience - ability to identify risks
- Domain and AD experience
- Good communication – i.e. inform staff of outages in an appropriate manner
- Ability to manage both high priority and low priority tasks to completion
Experience and knowledge of Nutanix AHV or other Hypervisor technologies, Veeam and Fortinet wold be advantageous.
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Career progression. Fast paced environment with opportunity to learn broad range of technical skills
- Casual work environment
- Social events
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Apply Now Back to Careers