Customer Support & System Commissioning Engineer - Studer Audio Consoles
- Technical Support
- Reading, United Kingdom
A customer focused role, providing a wide range of technical support for broadcast and professional audio clients, worldwide.
Evertz is a world leading company in the design of innovative and pioneering broadcast equipment. We currently have a vacancy in our Customers Support team based just outside Reading, Berkshire, UK. We are looking for keen and enthusiastic engineers/technicians with a passion for audio and audio production to join the UK based team.
- Provide first class technical onsite support and service to customers, accepting responsibility for resolving all issues in a professional manner.
- Visit customer’s premises to commission equipment.
- Provide operational & service training.
- Assist with Customer Acceptance Testing when required.
- Provide Hotline and Email-Support for our customer base
- No mandatory formal qualification required, although an education in Electronics or Electronic Engineering would be an advantage.
- Can be qualified through industrial or professional experience, and will have broad digital audio experience in broadcast or a related professional audio field.
- Previous experience testing, servicing and/or commissioning digital consoles in the audio industry would be an advantage.
- Eagerness to learn technical aspects of legacy and current product and be able to self-educate to competency level given access to appropriate resources.
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
- Ability to exercise clear judgement when under pressure and manage difficult issues effectively to ensure good outcomes.
- Ability to work independently under own initiative and unsupervised on-site.
- Respect for colleagues; communicating with clarity and accountability, pro-actively sharing knowledge and expertise, and asking for assistance where needed.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and conditions and manage unexpected obstacles.
- Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customers.
- Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good working knowledge & understanding of modern digital consoles and studio infrastructure from both a technical and operational perspective. Previous operator experience is an advantage but not essential
- Good computer and networking knowledge, will be able to set up and troubleshoot PC and Linux based systems, network infrastructure, and the latest Video and Audio over IP technologies.
- A good understanding of techniques & circuitry used in audio equipment including digital audio & power electronics.
- An understanding of the various environments in which our customers operate, including theory & practice relating to these.
Good administration skills, including Microsoft Office, and CRM.
- Must have good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Fluent in English
Planning and Organization
- Can organize and plan their own work in order to meet tight deadlines, whilst simultaneously working on a variety of projects.
- Manage customer relationships, both internal and external.
- Self motivated, with the ability to self-manage time, targets and work load.
- Enthusiastic and always maintains professionalism, even under extreme pressure.
- Flexible, willing and able to travel or work overtime at short notice.
- Excellent attention to detail, following set procedures, quality standards and instructions as required. Also resourceful, with the ability to put forward solutions quickly in difficult situations.
- Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Career progression. Fast paced environment with opportunity to learn broad range of technical skills
- Casual work environment
- Social events
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 2,000 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Apply Now Back to Careers