Junior Software Developer (Magnum OS – NMS) – Hybrid Work
- Burlington, ON, Canada
On the Magnum NMS development team, you will be working on Java and web-based applications that allow for real-time control and monitoring in a broadcast-based application. The software you will work on will be used in the field of many Evertz customers and is a core part of their infrastructure control system. In this job you will have the opportunity to with a senior member of the dev team to create customer facing applications, creating solutions to problems, and implementing new features.
- Degree in Computer, Software, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Java programming language
- At least 1 years of practical experience in software development
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to multitask
Desired Qualifications – not required:
- Programming experience with Swing, Spring, Maven
- Experience with web development, including at least 1 modern framework
- Experience with mySQL databases
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as TCP/IP, SNMP
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with source code management (SVN, Git)
- Experience with debugging tools such as Wireshark and tcpdump
What we Offer:
- Employer funded benefits program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-Life Balance
- Employee assistance plan
- Employee Discount Platform
- Career Progression
- Casual Work Environment
- Social Events and Sports Teams
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery. Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers. With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz.
Apply Now Back to Careers