Mechanical Design Engineer
- Burlington, ON, Canada
As a member of the R & D team, your projects will include the design and development of precision mechanical devices for film transport high frequency digital and analog electronic subassembly enclosures that will be used in leading television broadcast and film production facilities around the world.
You will be exposed to all aspects of the development process on a variety of fresh and challenging projects, and carry through of the designs to production.
- Research, plan and design electro-mechanical enclosures using a 3D Parametric Solid Modeling CAD packages such as Solid Edge
- Interact and communicate with engineers to gather all necessary information to develop a final design
- Meet with suppliers to discuss project requirements
- Design fixtures, test jigs, tool and gauges as required, manage, control and document design changes
- Coordinate prototype and production sample builds
- Support of product definition, concept generation, creating part drawings, investigating new packaging technologies, cost estimating, interfacing with suppliers, qualifying parts and assembly along with part and drawing release
- Assist production personnel to interpret drawings and solve manufacturing problems
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities within the Engineering department as required
- Successful candidate must have a College or University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of GD&T techniques
- Be results oriented, self-motivated, and a team player
- Skilled in the use of 3D software as Solid Edge and AutoCAD
- Familiar with sheet metal products, machined parts extrusions, welding and wiring techniques and BOM generation
- Experience in Electro-Mechanical packaging techniques (mounting of printed circuit boards, cabling, connectors, switches, etc) would be an asset
What we Offer:
- Employer funded benefits program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-Life Balance
- Employee assistance plan
- Employee Discount Platform
- Career Progression
- Casual Work Environment
- Social Events and Sports Teams
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Apply Now Back to Careers