C++ Software Engineer - Video Compression
- Warsaw, Poland
We are looking for Developers for multiple openings in our Video Compression team to expand our range of server-based products. You will join a successful and experienced team working on x86 hardware delivering contribution, distribution and cloud on-ramp technology.
Skills and Experience you will bring:
- At least 3 years of professional experience with C/C++
- Structured, object oriented design and programming techniques
- Understanding of video processing and compression pipelines
- Concurrent programming in Linux environments
- Git (Git-based workflows, CI, Confluence, JIRA)
- Scripting (sh, Bash, Python), Make
- Networking (sockets, TCP/UDP/RTP, multicast/unicast)
Additional skills and experience that will be useful:
- Video codecs (H.264, H.265, JPEG2000, JPEG-XS, DNxHD, ProRes), ffmpeg, x264
- Media containers (MPEG-TS, MOV, MXF)
- Broadcast production (SDI, SMPTE ST2110, timecode, NLE)
- Time systems and time distribution (UTC/TAI, IEEE1588, SMPTE ST2059, leap seconds)
- Network streaming (SRT, RIST)
- Image Properties (fourCC, colour space, HDR/SDR)
- Cloud infrastructure and deployment (AWS)
- Linux kernel knowledge (drivers, networking, filesystems, memory management, tracing)
- Linux packaging/distribution (dpkg-deb, debootstrap, pbuilder, rootfs)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, JIRA, Stash)
- Researching, designing and implementing software employing standard development practices.
- Identifying areas for improvement in existing programs and subsequently implementing these improvements.
- Writing and implementing efficient code in a manner easily understood by peers.
- Developing and implementing unit, functional and regression test procedures pertaining to designed system.
- Working in an independent and group setting, mentoring and cooperating with others as needed.
- Deploying software tools and processes.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems.
Recruitment process is simple:
- Screening with recruiter (30min)
- Technical interview with Hiring Managers (about 90min)
About the position / about the project
The Compression team architects, develops and manages high-performance real-time video/audio/metadata compression products, developing in C++. You will be working with encoders and decoders for many codecs (H.264, HEVC, JPEG-XS, NDI, AV1, AAC, MP1L2 and others), you will process video in compressed domain and in raw video baseband domain. Video will be streamed out and received using many streaming standards, including SRT, RIST, UDP, RTP, ST2110. Your codecs will run on-premises servers or in a cloud. You will develop in Linux environment. You will work on SW accelerators PCIe cards. You will handle large code base. You will work in an agile environment with our international teams. Your work will be seen by millions.
Our engineers develop next generation technologies that power the creation and distribution of media entertainment that you enjoy at home or on mobile. Our products play a significant role in producing and delivering your favourite sports, shows and movies. Anything you watch on TV or stream online, there's a good chance Evertz is behind the scenes making it happen.
We work in agile, low-bureaucracy, cross-functional teams spread across the world. It’s a highly creative work environment where the team is built on trust and is relaxed, open and welcoming to all.
Evertz has engineering offices in Canada, England, Scotland, India, and now it's time for Poland!
Apply Now Back to Careers