Senior Platform Engineer
- Multiple Countries
Skills and Experience you will bring:
- 2 years of experience leading large scale migration projects like on-prem to AWS, Jenkins to Jenkins, Major Saltstack version upgrade, Linux OS upgrade.
- 3 years of experience using Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform or AWS CloudFormations.
- 3 years of experience using Cloud networking services like AWS VPC, AWS Transit Gateway, AWS Private Link, Route53, AWS Direct Connect.
- 2 years of experience automating generation of VM Images like AWS AMI,VMDK, OVA or OVF.
- 4 years of experience with any Linux Operating System.
- 3 years of experience with Configuration Management and Application deployment tools like Saltstack or Ansible.
About the Role:
The evertz.io Engineering Team builds next-generation systems for content management and distribution in the Media and Entertainment industry. Disney, NBCUniversal, Discovery, BBC, and many other content producers and publishers use our products and services to make the most of their file-based and live content for the least effort.
We work with high quality video in real-time and non-real-time scenarios across a wide range of cutting-edge tech. Specializations within the group span from low-level video manipulation and analysis, through back-end management and orchestration services, to web delivered UIs. Working in parallel with these teams is the Scientific Computing Group who work in computer vision, data science and machine learning, taking experiments in Jupyter notebooks through to deployment in production. This makes for a challenging and rewarding engineering experience of continual learning and plenty of opportunity to explore different parts of the stack.
Our technology stack includes a Serverless microservice architecture that capitalizes on the full breadth of AWS services with code written in Python, Rustand Java, our UI uses the latest versions of Angular, Typescript and NgRx, our CI/CD pipelines leverage AWS, Jenkins, Nexus, and Bazel in addition to our in-house release-management application to build and release 100’s of software components.
We are growing our platform engineering team so we can facilitate the development, build, and release of existing and new products and services. Our team is responsible for high quality and highly available build and release pipeline sas well as infrastructure. We are looking for senior platform engineers who can work with our development teams to understand their requirements and implement high quality build pipelines and infrastructure.
“Work is a thing you do, not a place you go”
We work in agile, low-bureaucracy, high-creativity, cross-functional teams spread across the world. It’s a highly creative work environment where we support your growth with opportunities for career progression, mentoring others and third-party education. The team is built on trust and is relaxed, open and welcoming to all, and there’s fun to be had with regular social events and sports teams.
As part of this role, you will be expected to:
- Work with the Engineering Manager to technically drive large scale projects that span multiple quarters.
- Maintain and update existing AWS resources with CloudFormation Templates
- Ensure the network in AWS and on-prem is setup correctly and securely and users and services can access services that they must.
- Automate the setup, upgrade and maintenance of our CI/CD services like Jenkins, Nexus, Sonarqube, Ivy, or Bazel-proxy.
- Automate the monitoring for all our CI/CD services so we can get alarms and proactively fix issues before our developers get affected.
- Engage with development teams to understand, define and meet their products CI/CD requirements
- Engage with development teams to understand where the developer-experience needs improving and suggest solutions for them.
- Develop and maintain documentation and diagrams outlining automated solutions and build architecture
- Maintain and update existing on-prem configuration management code-base written using Saltstack.
- Create and maintain our internal package repositories for python, node, java, and docker
Identify bottlenecks and work on improving our release processes to make releases smoother and robust
This role allows you to work with “Full Flexibility” - for any work where being physically close to fixed equipment is not a requirement, you have the option to work remotely.
Remote working is not the same as working from home, WFH is just one very common option. You can work from wherever gets the creative juices flowing: coffee shops, co-working places, the park, a different country even! Anywhere with Internet access.
Of course, working from an office is an option too especially if you’re craving some ad hoc in-person interaction! Evertz has offices in Canada, England, Scotland, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Virginia, California, Arizona, Ohio, Hungary, Belgium, Poland and Australia. Many have great spaces for meet-ups as well as permanent or floating desk space.
This role allows you to work asynchronously meaning you can contribute at the times when you do your best work. Some people are early-birds, some are night-owls, maybe Saturday is better than Wednesday? Whilst some overlap for core meetings is needed, you don’t have to do your deep work between 9 and 5.
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary with annual performance-based bonus and stock option schemes. A pension plan; an employer funded health and medical plan; life insurance plan; long term disability coverage; paid time off; an employee assistance program; and a discount platform. The availability and specifics of these benefits vary by location, details of which will be provided during the hiring process.
Apply Now Back to Careers