Broadcast Engineer, Connecticut
- Bristol, CT, United States
We are looking for an engineer to join our growing team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of the Technical Operations Centre, the prime responsibility of the Broadcast Technical Support will be to support complex broadcast video systems; software defined video networking, compression and content processing systems, orchestration and control network management and monitoring solutions:
- Act as an expert level technical advisor or specialist on complex broadcast initiatives.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all broadcast hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Ensure events are managed until resolution while adhering to Incident and SLA guidelines.
- Act as single point of contact for multiple support cases simultaneously.
- Provide feedback on solution requirements, design specifications & operational guidelines.
- Represent the department and coordinate with peer departments and Evertz broadcast customer to ensure effective delivery of project deliverables.
- Establish necessary testing requirements to evaluate the proposed designs and to validate the technology platform or systems.
- Document any departmental and technical procedures.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Technical Diploma/Degree or equivalent broadcast experience (preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of installations, upgrades and troubleshooting in Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with many changing priorities.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willing to relocate to New York or Arizona or Connecticut or California; in order to provide long-term, on-site technical support to our customer.
- Preference for candidates with working knowledge of one or more of the Evertz platforms.
What we Offer:
- Competitive total compensation package, including benefits
- Employer contribution to 401K
- Relocation Assistance
- Work-Life Balance
- Career Progression
- Casual Work Environment
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers. With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!