Field Applications Engineer - Live Production
- Technical Support
- Burbank, CA, United States
As the first and often the most frequent point of contact for our clients, you will have the greatest opportunity to influence the client's perception of Evertz. This position is a challenging mix that combines technical know-how and customer service skills both in-house and when traveling to our customer’s production studios and distribution facilities.
- Being the primary client support for Evertz’ Live Production product lines (DreamCatcher, VUE, MAGUM and BRAVO)
- Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
- Assess the customer’s product application, troubleshoot and diagnosis issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause
- Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes including customer “feature requests” to product managers
- Install product(s) or systems at customer sites and deliver training to customers in-house or abroad
- Education in Broadcast, Electrical, Electronic, Computers or related field is required
- Must be eligible for international travel and be able to work alone with little or no supervision
- Experience working in the broadcast environment, on-air broadcast operations, or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving ability and able to react to changing situations
- Direct experience with IT networking, server hardware and Linux/Unix
- Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
What we offer:
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Career progression
- Casual work environment
- Opportunity to travel to Live production events
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery. Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers. With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Apply Now Back to Careers