Intermediate Software Design Engineer
- Burlington, ON, Canada
As a member of the R&D team, you will be challenged with designing and developing the latest broadcast equipment incorporating the most advanced video technology in the industry.
- Full stack development
- Strong C, C++ programming skills
- Structured, object oriented design and programming techniques
- General understanding of Linux programming
- Experience with Ethernet networking (Protocols & Programming), familiar with x86 architecture
- Knowledge of video standards H.264, MPEG2 and HEVC
- Knowledge of video transmission, container formats (Transport streams, MP4), demuxing & muxing.
- Experience with open source tools like ffmpeg, x264 libraries
- Experience with Nvidia Cuda
- Experience with containers
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in computer science or equivalent
- A minimum of 4 years experience in software development
- Be results oriented, self-motivated, and a team player
- Strong analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent academic background
What we offer:
- Employer funded benefits program
- Competitive total compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Employee Assistance plan
- Employee Discount Platform
- Career progression
- Casual work environment
- Social events and sports teams
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 2,000 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!
Apply Now Back to Careers