Software Design Engineer, India
- Bangalore, Karnataka, India
The Overture RT team architects, develops, and manages high-performance real-time video and graphics pipelines working in C and C++. As a member of the new R&D team forming, you will be challenged with designing and enhancing the latest broadcast equipment incorporating the most advanced technology.
Skills and experience you will bring:
- At least 5 years of professional experience with C/C++
- Concurrent programming in Linux environments
- Git (Git-based workflows, CI, Confluence, JIRA)
- Scripting (shell, Bash, Python)
- Networking (sockets, TCP/UDP/RTP, multicast/unicast)
Additional skills and experience that will be useful:
- Template Programming (STL, Boost)
- Breakpad for crash dump analysis
- Image Properties (fourCC, colour space, HDR/SDR)
- Video codecs (H.264, H.265, JPEG2000, JPEG-XS, DNxHD, ProRes), FFmpeg
- Media containers (MPEG-TS, MOV, MXF)
- Broadcast production (SDI, SMPTE ST2110, timecode, NLE)
- Time systems and time distribution (UTC/TAI, IEEE1588, SMPTE, ST2059, leap seconds)
- Network streaming (SRT, RIST)
- Processing acceleration (SIMD/SSE/AVX, CUDA, OpenCL)
- Cloud infrastructure and deployment (AWS)
- Linux kernel knowledge (drivers, networking, filesystems, memory management, tracing)
- Linux packaging/distribution (dpkg-deb, debootstrap, pbuilder, rootfs)
- CI/CD (Jenkins, JIRA, Stash)
- Researching, designing, and implementing software employing standard development practices.
- Identifying areas for improvement in existing programs and subsequently implementing these improvements.
- Writing and implementing efficient code in a manner easily understood by peers.
- Developing and implementing unit, functional and regression test procedures pertaining to designed system.
- Working in an independent and group setting, mentoring, and cooperating with others as needed.
- Deploying software tools and processes.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
Office Timing: 1pm to 9pm IST
Office Location: Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore, India
Work Model: Currently remote
Evertz India is the subsidy of Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery. Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers. With over 1800+ employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.
Apply Now Back to Careers