We are looking for a full-stack developer who can code in C/C++ with at least 2 years of experience. As a member of the Evertz AV Software team, you will be working with a small but experienced group of developers who are using a wide range of technologies. This is a hands-on role with the candidate required to take an active role in software design, development, and testing.
- Maintain and extend electron-based application that runs on Windows, Linux desktop, and Linux tablet
- Maintain and extend web application with PHP backend
- Help with test automation implemented using Selenium, REST API, and Python
- Work with Snr. Information Architect to implement defined UX/UI
- Occasionally help with the maintenance of embedded C++ application
- Resolve field issues and interface with Technical Support and Product Verification teams to expedite closure
- Work closely with Product Verification team to address test failures and deliver on schedule while upholding and helping to champion product quality
- Degree in Computer, Software or Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years experience in software development
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, and clean code principals
- A clear and concise communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills and results-oriented
- Proficient with debugging tools such as gdb, Wireshark, tcpdump, and equivalent
- Familiar with Android Studio and Apache Cordova
- Familiar with Linux environment
- Familiar with AV over IP (ASPEN, DANTE, HDCP, EDID)
- Familiar with video and audio compression, ffmpeg, GStreamer, multimedia container formats (MPEG-2 transport stream)
- Familiar with CI/CD and Jenkins server
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!