Evertz is looking for a talented, passionate, self-motivated and creative User Interface and User Experience (UI/UX) Designer to join our team. We want someone with meticulous attention to detail that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and who is keen to create experiences that people will love and connect with.
You will be involved in the design process, from discovery to ideation, to prototyping, testing, iterating and product launch. You will connect design, business and technology to solve real world problems and provide compelling and optimal user experiences for our customers.
- Analyze complex requirements to create simplified user experiences
- Perform concept and usability testing to gather constructive feedback to incorporate into further product and feature iterations
- Craft sketches, wireframes, interactive prototypes and mock-ups to communicate design ideas and design rich interactive experiences
- Communicate your thoughts and decisions effectively to stakeholders
- Identify areas of opportunities for clients and solve functional challenges through brainstorming, ideating, and designing solutions with other members of the team
- Work with the delivery team to make sure that technical aspects can be achieved while ensuring that user experience is top priority
- Design user interface elements and create style standards to help promote design practice for the organization
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and working relationships with others
- Stay up-to-date with design best practices and latest technologies
- Bachelor’s degree/certificate in HCI, Design, Computer Science or related field
- 1+ years of professional experience in UI/UX Design
- An in-depth portfolio showcasing examples of design work that exemplifies thinking and the paths to solving problems along with exceptional visual design.
- Preferable to have experience with front-end development (Qt/QML is a bonus)
- Experience with Git or similar source control tool is preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and an expert eye for typography and visual hierarchy
- Strive to understand users and their pain points
- Ability to think in terms of holistic design, apply strategic thinking and business goals to design work focusing on usability
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong conceptual thinking and design execution abilities
- Strong understanding of user-centered design
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!