We are looking for FPGA designs to join the Image Processing group in Burlington. The role is to design and implement FPGA systems that processing video and audio and meta data for SDI transmission (serial video data) and network video (SMPTE 2110) for 10G, 25G and beyond digital networks.
The role involves work on various aspects of development from VDHA/HLS module coding, simulation and debugging as well as full system FPGA hardware and software development debug and verification.
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Self motivated and well organised with the ability to work well in a team and as an individual contributor
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Digital design skills, from architectural to gate level
- Knowledge of FPGA architectures and design techniques
- Awareness of high speed logic design techniques
- General computing skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with HDL based design flows and simulation
- Experience with High Level Synthesis
- Good C/C++ skills preferably for both desktop/server and embedded applications
- Exposure to scripting languages such as Tcl or Python
- Exposure to source code management tools (eg. subversion)
- Some experience with Xilinx Vivado or Intel Quartus design tools and simulation with ModelSim or equivalent
- Awareness of digital logic verification techniques
- Debugging skills for both software and on-chip FPGA debug
- Awareness of high-level design techniques, including High Level Synthesis
- Good understanding of DSP theory and image processing theory
- Understanding of algorithm development and implementation with awareness of complexity, and how algorithms can be mapped to both hardware and software based systems
- Appreciation of system-level architecture and design
- Knowledge of broadcast video and broadcast audio
- An understanding of standard protocols, PCIe, Ethernet, AXI etc
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!