The File-based QA team at Evertz Microsystems is looking for an accountable QA System Test engineer responsible for high-quality system configuration, installation, and maintenance. You will deliver test systems to an agreed specification, plan and forecast the QA team testing efforts, including liaising with project engineers and other departments, to ensure a constantly updated and smoothly running test environment.
Main Job Purpose:
- Maintain the QA test suite.
- Configure and update large-scale internal QA test systems.
- Work with Project Engineers and QA to increase the capabilities of QA tests.
- Run continuous system health checks to ensure operational correctness.
- Report new areas of development to your supervisor.
- Keep the wider QA team updated with your system config efforts.
- Report any issues found to our issue tracking system.
- Take ownership of your assigned tasks.
- Interact with Project engineers to aid with system configuration.
- Perform database backup management.
- Work with colleagues to build out the test system.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project managers and peers.
- Write reports and tickets to a high standard.
- Work with QA team members based in the UK, India, and Canada.
- Proven knowledge working on large-scale systems.
- An IT-related background is desirable.
- The ability to Prioritise workload is essential
- Knowledge of GIT or other version control tooling is desirable.
- Familiar with Linux operating system.
- Experience with relation & non-relational databases (eg. Oracle,
- MySQL, Elastic Search)
- SQL / Linux
- Integration with third-party systems and API protocols
- Knowledge of current digital video compression standards and file types
- Computer networking knowledge
- Knowledge of VMWare (ESXI) or similar architecture
- Experience with broadcast automation and media management
- Proven working experience as a project engineer.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to work with Windows and OS X Operating Systems.
- Scripting Background highly desirable.
- Decision-making ability.
- Willingness to learn a huge system with Hardware and software interactions.
- Quick learner and problem solver.
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!