Evertz-QA is looking for an accountable Test Automation engineer responsible for the authoring of high-quality automated tests. You will be expected to aid product testing efforts by reducing the time to test through the use of best ‘test automation’ practices. You will work closely with your QA lead, development teams, and peers to produce quality test cases for execution in our CI tool (Jenkins). You will also aid in laying the foundation of strong contract testing.
Main Job Purpose:
- Maintain the automation test suite.
- Write and execute automated tests.
- Work with Development and QA to increase test coverage.
- Test software releases at the end of the development cycle.
- Report issues found and track them through the defect life-cycle.
- Write test cases based on manual test scripts.
- Occasional manual testing may be required.
- Test releases ensuring that quality meets customer standards and internal specifications.
- Interact with developers to test bug fixes.
- Report to your supervisor.
- Perform overall quality control of QA work (Peer reviews).
- Work with test automation engineers to build out the automation suite.
- Write reports and bug tickets to a high standard.
- Work with QA team members based in the UK, India, and Canada.
- Proven test automation ability.
- Good Python test automation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of API.
- CI tool experience (Jenkins or similar)
- Version Control tool like Git
- Knowledge of the SDLC
- ISTQB or Scrum (Relevant experience)
- Knowledge of test management tools (TestRail or similar)
- Ability to work with Windows and OS X Operating Systems. (Not essential)
- Decision-making ability.
- Willingness to learn a huge system with Hardware and software interactions.
- Quick learner and problem solver.
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!