Evertz Microsystems is looking for a skilled QA Lead to help mentor test engineers and progress our testing efforts. You will be directly leading the efforts of your QA supervisors. You will work to improve processes, provide reports to stakeholders, manage test runs and keep the team focused. You will be ISTQB certified or have similar qualifications or work experience around the fundamentals of best testing practices. Working closely with the head of QA you will help to plan tests prioritize work for the team. You will be expected to lead your team by example reacting to problems and seeing them through to their solution.
Main Job Purpose:
- Guide the QA team forward constantly striving for better.
- Plan the creation of tests runs and monitor their progress through the release.
- Work with Development to increase test coverage across the QA suite.
- Oversee the testing of software releases at the end of the development cycle.
- Report developments to the head of QA
- Assign work to your supervisors and monitor its progress.
- Take ownership of the defect life cycle relating to your teams discovered issues.
- You lead by example, you are hands on with testing efforts where needed.
- Keep the QA team updated regarding new developments.
- Help resolve issues when they arise.
- Offer feedback to junior members, both positive and constructive.
- Meet with the QA team regularly and maintain cohesion.
- Keep the team on track with their work.
- Interact with development to arrange test coverage.
- Perform work reviews.
- Work with all levels of the team to build our test suite.
- Report to the head of QA.
- Write reports to a high standard.
- Liaise with the other QA leads.
- Constantly find ways to test smarter reducing the time to test.
- Proven knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- The ability to plan test runs, making use of time effectively.
- ISTQB certification (Similar) or relevant experience.
- Jira, or similar application knowledge.
- Experience with test automation.
- Knowledge of test management tools (TestRail preferable).
- MS office applications (Advanced).
- Leadership skills.
- Proven working experience as a snr QA engineer or QA lead.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to work with Windows and OS X Operating Systems. (Not essential)
- Some coding ability is highly desirable.
- Decision-making ability.
- Willingness to learn a huge system with Hardware and software interactions.
- Quick learner and problem solver.
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!