In your role of AV Field Service Engineer, you will have a strategic opportunity to engage with customers and drive their passion for Evertz AV. This position is a challenging yet rewarding mix that combines technical know-how and customer service skills. You will be part of a high-energy team dealing with exciting customers and cutting-edge products both in-house and while on-site at our customers’ facilities.
The primary function is to support Evertz AV Products and customers. This position will be located in Burlington, Ontario.
- Commission products or systems at customer sites and deliver on-site as-built operational training to customers
- Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
- Assess customer’s product applications, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine a root cause
- Systematic & detail-oriented troubleshooting, data collection and reporting of problems
- Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback
- Co-ordinate customer and system integrator product enquiries and inform sales team of potential opportunities
- Support product development and introduction activities by gathering intelligence on functionality, integration details, best practices and configurations for customer deployed products required to interoperate with Evertz equipment
- College or University education in Electrical, Electronic, or Computer disciplines
- The ideal candidate will be a recent grad with a minimum of 3 years experience in a related field
- Experience working with professional AV equipment or equivalent
- Prior experience in a service, customer facing role is an asset
- Direct experience with server hardware, Linux OS and IT networking best practices is desirable
- Unparalleled desire to help customers and deliver service excellence
- Passion for technology and learning new technologies, product hardware and software
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-driven, with a desire to add value to an energetic team, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proven analytical skills and ability to champion issues to closure
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be eligible for US travel
- Dual Canadian and US Citizenship would be an asset
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!