This position offers exciting behind-the-scenes experience in the television and film industry for someone with a passion to learn and work with the latest technology. The individual selected will be results-oriented, self-motivated and must enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment that places a high emphasis on teamwork.
As part of a project-driven unit, you will be challenged to design and develop real-time software targeted to and/or interfacing with embedded systems in a networked environment. You will have the opportunity to participate in various aspects of real-time system development, on a variety of challenging projects such as control and interaction directly with hardware (FPGAs, ICs), high definition video & audio signals, timecode, streaming IP video or migration to the cloud.
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis
- Front-end graphical user interface design
- Research and implementation based on standards specifications
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Work with Operations to deliver items to the customer
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- Architectures: Linux, Windows, Node.js, bare-metal
- IP networks: TCP & UDP-based protocols, routing, NAT
- Communications: low-level serial (RS-232, RS-422), I2C, SPI, POTS modem
- Real-time system concepts
- Public and private cloud, VMs
- Twisted Matrix framework for Python
- Multimedia Technologies (Video & Audio)
- Project tracking/version control: Jira, CVS, SVN
- Applications: Eclipse IDE, Wireshark, MS Office apps (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Degree or diploma in CS or Engineering (Computer, Software, Mechatronics, or similar)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a related field an asset
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!