As a member of the R&D team, specifically QA group, you will be challenged with the quality assurance effort which includes product functional testing of Layer 2/3 (Ethernet/IP) network elements, protocols validation, interoperability and performance characterization.
- Develop test plans and verify the implementations of software modules and networking protocols, standards compliance, performance benchmarks and scaling for Evertz’ IP / Ethernet products
- Utilize packet generation tools (IXIA, Wireshark, etc.) for problem isolation (Packet analysis, tracing, conformance, etc.).
- Configure and monitor LAN routers/switches using CLI and SNMP and test Ethernet networking products
- Perform scripting and write test plans and test cases that would validate the products under test
- Develop and modify automated tests to improve QA efficiency and problem reproducibility as required. Design and contribute to components of a test automation framework that supports integration testing, scheduled regression and on-request execution of tests
Candidates must be able to demonstrate many of the following competencies:
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP routers and Ethernet switches
- Hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers
- A detailed understanding of the protocols surrounding IP networks. These skills include but are not limited to: Ethernet switching functionality and protocols: STP/RSTP/MSTP, VLAN, bridging and QoS. Basic Ipv4/6 and IP Routing experience (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, Routing Policy. Routing protocol operation, migration, and scaling mechanisms. Exposure to networking services and technologies such as : ACL, ARP, DHCP, 1G/10G Ethernet, Flow Control, ICMP, IGMP, LACP, LLDP, MPLS, NAT, Open Flow, SNMP
- Ideally but not mandatory - basic knowledge of Metro / Carrier Ethernet
- The ability to work independently and to function in a team environment
- Exposure to test equipment use such as Ixia or Spirent, Agilent.
- TCL or Pyton scripting skills
- Network management tools such as SNMP, Syslog, etc
- Positive outlook and high energy
- Education in computer networking or related recent practical experience
- A strong comfort level with Linux is highly desired
Location: Burlington and Markham, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!