As the first and often the most frequent point of contact for our clients, you will have the greatest opportunity to influence the client's perception of Evertz. This position is a challenging mix that combines technical know-how and customer service skills both in-house and when traveling to our customer’s production studios and distribution facilities.
You will be challenged with configuring, commissioning, and systematically trouble shooting Ethernet/IP networks for the latest advancements in broadcast networks and video processing equipment.
- Engage in implementation, documentation and deployment on the build out of both small and large scale IP Networks supporting broadcast infrastructures
- Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
- Assess the customer’s application, troubleshoot and diagnose issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause
- Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback to aid in design changes including customer “feature requests” to product managers
- Support the development of product communications by generating or authoring customer guides and provide the technical writing group with information including Pinouts, FAQ, Application notes, Best Practices and customer product or system configuration and product integration with other manufacturer’s products
- Install product(s) or systems at customer sites and delivering training to customers in-house or abroad
- (RFC 2328), PIM, QOS, RIP, Sflow, SNMP, STP/RSTP/MST (IEEE 802.1d), VARP/VRRP, VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), VRF
- Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
- Education in Computer Networking or related recent practical experience
- Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Electronic Technician or engineering education or related recent practical experience
- A strong comfort level with Linux is highly desired
- Some Network trouble shooting experience
- Knowledge of IP Networking Protocols (IGMPv2/v3, RIP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Knowledge of Internet network technologies (DNS, Firewall, SSH, HTTP)
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!