Do you have a passion for internet networking and want to learn how it applies to world of Video? If so, this is the position for you.
As a member of the R&D team, you will be challenged with designing, configuring, commissioning, and systematically trouble shooting Ethernet/IP networks for the cutting edge of high technology broadcast networks and video processing equipment.
- Engage in design, documentation, deployment planning on the build out of both small and large scale IP Networks supporting broadcast infrastructures
- Customer facing commissioning and performance trouble shooting of networks
- Utilize tools such as Wireshark, Python, sFlow, tcpdump etc
By succeeding in this position you will develop:
- Expert knowledge of IP Networking Protocols (IGMPv2/v3, RIP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Expert knowledge of Internet network technologies (DNS, Firewall, SSH, HTTP)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong control and follow-up skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Gain practical hands-on experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and administering the following network protocols and technologies: ACL, ARP, BGP (RFC 4271), DHCP, 1G/10G Ethernet (IEEE 802.3ab & IEEE 802.3ae), Flow Control, ICMP, IGMP, IPv4 & IPv6, LACP, LLDP, MPLS, NAT, Open Flow, OSPF (RFC 2328), PIM, QOS, RIP, Sflow, SNMP, STP/RSTP/MST (IEEE 802.1d), VARP/VRRP, VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), VRF
- Positive outlook and high energy
- Education in computer networking or related recent practical experience
- A strong comfort level with Linux is highly desired.
- Some Network trouble shooting experience
- Some experience with SAN technologies
- Knowledge of Internet protocol engineering (IPE); Ethernet/IP Stack; IPv4, IPv6, Packet Analysis
Location: Burlington, ON
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!