Evertz, a growing high-technology company with over 1,300 employees today, is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of broadcast, film production and post production equipment for the film and television broadcast industry.
As the first and often the most frequent point of contact for our clients, you will have the greatest opportunity to influence the client's perception of Evertz. This position is a challenging yet rewarding mix that combines technical know-how and customer service skills. You will be part of a high-energy team dealing with exciting customers and cutting-edge products both in-house and while on-site at our customers’ production studios and distribution facilities.
The primary function is to support Evertz Products and customers. This position will be located in the United States (Washington, DC, Northern Virginia & Maryland).
- Install product(s) or systems at customer sites and delivering training to customers in-house or abroad
- Respond and provide technical direction to customers regarding operational issues, firmware upgrades and general maintenance
- Assess the customer’s product application, troubleshoot and diagnosis issues through research and/or re-creation to determine the root cause
- Systematic & detail-oriented troubleshooting, data collection and reporting while escalating issues
- Recommend solutions utilizing various levels of technical language appropriate to the customer in a timely, clear and professional manner
- Maintain a communication link between customer service and other departments by partnering to resolve customer issues and communicating customer feedback
- Co-ordinate customer/SI dealer inquires, inform sales managers of sales opportunities and manage all regional customer service related duties
- Support the development of product communications by generating or authoring customer guides and provide the technical writing group with information including Pinouts, FAQ, Application notes, Best Practices and customer product or system configuration and product integration with other manufacturer’s products
- College or University education in Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Electronic Technician required
- Experience working in the broadcast environment, on-air broadcast operations, or equivalent
- Direct experience with server hardware, Linux OS and IT networking is an asset
- Unparalleled desire to help the customer and deliver service excellence
- Passion for technology and learning new software and hardware products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work alone with little or no supervision, being self-driven with a desire to add value to an energetic team
- Problem-solving ability while reacting to changing situations, & championing issues to resolution
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be eligible for international travel
Location: Manassas, VA, USA
Those with less than 5 years experience, please submit an
unofficial copy of your transcripts with your resume.
Evertz makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all
employees and applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities.
In compliance with AODA, Evertz will strive to provide accommodation to
persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are
selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability
during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling
Thank you for considering a career with Evertz!