The evBLADE-Z10-AP-10G-HW is an FPGA-accelerated compute blade for the evEDGE™ virtualized broadcast infrastructure platform. The evBLADE offers an FPGA processing node that is reconfigurable to provide customized audio, video and ancillary data processing functionality. The evBLADE provides agility and flexibility of a virtualized environment while also ensuring low latency, low power, deterministic and reliable FPGA processing pipelines.
Evertz' evEDGE™ Virtualized Media Processing platform revolutionizes broadcast infrastructure by separating the essential core broadcast services from the underlying processing engines. The paradigm shift from discrete, fixed-function hardware to compute pools of generic hardware with licensable software services provides a flexible, scalable, agile broadcast infrastructure to dynamically meet and adapt to changing facility requirements.
evEDGE™ virtualized broadcast infrastructure provides the necessary toolsets to easily manage, license, deploy and operate core video/audio/ancillary services as needed across the evEDGE™ supported compute platforms.
The generic processing nature of evBLADE allows it to support different processing pipelines. This provides greater efficiency and utilization of compute with respect to fixed function devices or COTS hardware. The evBLADE allows you to accomplish precisely what you need, when you need it.
The evBLADE contains a single FPGA compute node that provides exceptional processing capacity. One example of a deployable pipeline on a single node is a 7814UDX-2 dual path 3G/HD/SD Up/Down/Cross conversion with frame synchronization, color correction and noise reduction along with a rich feature set of audio processing and ancillary data processing. In addition, having the AP co-processor adds capability for Dolby encoding and decoding functionality.
The evBLADE supports a growing library of software licensable and deployable core video/audio/ancillary data processing services, making it a future-proof platform to meet not only the needs of today, but also the needs of tomorrow. The evBLADE supports technologies like SMPTE ST 2110 and High Dynamic Range (HDR) conversion. The library of FPGA services can be provisioned on both the evBLADE-4Z10-10G-HW and the evBLADE-Z10-AP-10G-HW. Please contact Evertz for an up-to-date list of available services.
evBLADE compute nodes are fully managed via a RESTful webAPI. Service control and configuration are also available over SNMP. These interfaces provide seamless integration with Evertz' VUE user interface, MAGNUM, VistaLINK PRO, Mediator-X and third-party systems.
The evBLADE compute nodes also supports Evertz' inSITE. This brings operational intelligence to the forefront with historical analysis of all operations over the compute pool including system health and utilization information.
The evEDGE™ platform facilitates management, licensing, monitoring, and deployment of services across the heterogeneous compute pool - including evBLADE, COTS servers and private/public cloud instances.
- 8x 3G/HD/SD SDI bi-directional configurable copper coax
- 2x 10GbE SFP+ modules
- Genlock reference (REF-IN)
- Audio breakoutwith 8x AES inputes and 8s AES outputs
- 1GbE control network port
- SMPTE ST 424M (3G), SMPTE ST 292M (HD), SMPTE ST 259M (SD)
- Video: Broad standards support -1080p level A/B (59.94/50Hz), 1080i (59.94/50Hz), 720p (59.94/50Hz), 525i (59.94Hz), 625i (50Hz)
- Audio: four groups (16x channels) of audio over SDI
- Ancillary: Full support HANC/VANC payload processing
- Video: SMPTE RDD37 (ASPEN), SMPTE ST 2110-20 or SMPTE ST 2022-6
- Audio: SMPTE ST 302, SMPTE ST 2110-30 (AES67 profile) or SMPTE ST 2022-6
- VANC: SMPTE ST 2038, SMPTE ST 2110-40 or SMPTE ST 2022-6
- evBLADE optionally accepts SMPTE ST 2059-2 or Master PCR via 10GbE network connections with ability of time-stamping all content output over Ethernet (UTC at time of reception)
- evBLADE also supports bi-level and tri-level reference via 570FR frame reference or external reference input
- Modules support control over 570FC Ethernet or external 1GbE port on rear plate
- SNMP and Restful webAPI control interfaces
- Support for VistaLINK PRO, MAGNUM Unified Control or CP panels
- Growing library of core video/audio/ancillary data services
|Maintains synchronization of output audio/video/ancillary data to reference
|Full-featured video processing/colour correction engine with YCbCr and RGB colour space adjustments
|SD/HD/3G standard conversion with high quality motion adaptive deinterlacing and fully configurable broadcast video scaler with AFD triggering
|Color Legalizer *
|Image processing engine that gracefully maintains legal RGB colour values
|Chroma Keyer *
|Chroma Keyer engine for performing chroma blending operations of live fill or file-based fill onto program content
|Video Delay *
|Video delay adjustment at pixel, line and frame granularity
|Transmits lower resolution snapshots of the video signal over IP to a VistaLINK PRO Thumbnail server for confidence monitoring
|Global and per-channel (16x) audio delay adjustments with audio sample granularity
|Audio Processor *
|Audio processor with per-channel (16x) X&Y mixing/gain/inversion
|16-channel IntelliGain loudness audio processor
|Stereo-to-5.1 surround audio upmixer with input signal driven auto upmixing
|5.1 surround-to-stereo audio downmixer
|Closed caption translation processor for CEA608 to CEA708 conversion
|Teletext translation processor with OP42 to/from OP47 conversion
|D-VITC, ANC-VITC, ANC-LTC time code processor and inserter
|Active Format Description (AFD) monitor and inserter
|SDI to ASPEN +FS
|SDI audio/video/ancillary encapsulation to multi-essence ASPEN streams with FS
|SDI to SMPTE ST 2110 +FS *
|SDI audio/video/ancillary encapsulation to multi-essence SMPTE ST 2110 streams with FS
*Consult with Evertz on availability of service. Available services are subject to change, please contact Evertz for up-to-date information.