The 7880R2x1-IP-CS is a complete hardware base solution for MPEG-2 transport stream redundancy switching. By providing automatic smart switching of the main signal to a back up signal, the 7880R2x1-IP-CS offers protection to digital compressed signals over IP without causing a downstream disturbance.
For high density (multiple MPTS per gigE input) the device also supports a cutthrough Unbuffered switching mode.
The 7880R2x1-IP-CS is built from the broadly deployed and industry leading 7880R2x1-ASI-CS.
Controlled by the industry leading VistaLINK® PRO, the 7880R2x1-IP-CS offers signal providers the capability to design automatic redundancy into their system and alarm the operator the second a problem arises. By constantly monitoring the incoming signals, the 7880R2x1-IP-CS is capable of knowing when the signals reach a point where they are no longer suitable for broadcast and automatically switches to a backup feed.
The user can customize all monitored and switching rules to meet Broadcast, Cable, Satellite and IPTV needs.
- Single automatic smart switch for low density applications
- Fully integrated with the Industry leading VistaLINK® PRO NMS system
- Flexible SFP Ethernet I/O for fiber, copper, short, long reach requirements (sold separately)
- Dedicated 2 IP inputs; Dedicated 2 IP outputs
- De-encapsulation of incoming Transport Streams over IP
- Encapsulation of outgoing Transport Streams over IP
- TR101290 monitoring bitrate measurement and component matching test on all inputs
- Smart configuration of error threshold and switching rules to avoid false switching
- Delay of stream up to 1 second for perfect synchronization of incoming streams from different paths
- Complete TS data rate measurement from 100kb/s to 75MB/s with user settable measurement window
- Bitrate measurement on each PID
- Display of Transport Stream tree within VLPRO NMS
- Matching of PID assignment, with predefined PID list and TSID
- Complete customization of status view and error report in VistaLINK® PRO
- Network Address Translation and Output IP Signal replication